Author Topic: Ships' Lifeboats and Tenders  (Read 14025 times)

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Ships' Lifeboats and Tenders
« on: September 18, 2016, 04:30:44 PM »
Following off-forum requests by a number of members, the closure of the former Ships Lifeboats category has been reviewed.

It has been decided to re-open the category as an experiment - it is now entitled "Ships' Lifeboats and Tenders" and is only for such vessels carried on parent ships. 
The guidance note has a number of changes from the previous version and is now at: http://www.shipspotting.com/support/faq.php?category=Ships%27%20Lifeboats%20and%20Tenders .

Members wishing to upload to this category should familiarise with the revised requirements, particularly this restriction:
a member may not load more than one image of a lifeboat or tender of the same type on the same ship (previous images may of course be replaced)

If any aspect of the new guidance is unclear, please ask here.

Offline Emmanuel.L

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
Re: Ships' Lifeboats and Tenders
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 04:50:37 PM »
Thank you davidships, at least good or bad , a decision has been taken. Better late than never. Hope we don't get a deluge of less interesting multiple shots of these lifeboats and tenders.
Thanks and regards.
Emmanuel.L.

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 10:15:05 AM »
Apologies.  The Category does not yet appear in the drop down category menu when loading photos - IT informed.  Until is there please add to the main category for the ship in question and Admin will move it for you.

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »
It is purely my own point of view but perhaps some other members will agree: this category is of no interest to me at all and inclusion of ships' lifeboats is a complete bore and a waste of space. I would prefer that the category is not reopened and, to avoid any more confusion and misunderstanding of the situation, the old one and the photos in it should be deleted. This site is called SHIPspotting after all. A lifeboat is not a ship.

Offline jadran

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 03:18:42 PM »

Hi to all,
I am personally always for a 'positive' proceeding, therefore, with my good will, I remain to fully support the Photo category "Ship's Lifeboats and Tenders" as herewith introduced by davidships.
My best regards to all the site members and administration,
Jadran

... got married to ships

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 10:42:09 PM »
The uploading page menu has now been rectified and members should now upload directly to the category.

Please advise here if there is any glitch.
As already noted, re-opening this category is an experiment, and will be reviewed in about six months time.

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 09:25:04 AM »
Afraid I have to agree with Bob, you might as well add a category for rowing boats and canoes.

Allan

Offline MattB

• Just can't stay away
  • Soon.......................
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 06:31:00 PM »
Canoe-spotting has a certain finesse about it - trust me, I've been there !!!

Offline dirk septer

• Home away from home
  • Navigare necesse est
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2021, 02:33:24 AM »
To Allan RO:

Afraid I have to agree with Bob, you might as well add a category for rowing boats and canoes.

There is no comparison between life boats and your rowing boats and canoes, unless you prefer to jump in a canoe in a storm when your vessel is going down somewhere mid-ocean....

Offline Sinisa Aljinovic

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2021, 12:44:58 PM »
And I have to agree with Bob Scott and Allan RO regarding this category.We had better to care about better quality of photos than of lifeboats.So many lifeboats but almost all are the same.What category would be next? Maybe stern flag,radars or propellers!?

Offline libertyshiplad

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2021, 08:13:28 PM »
Re-the earlier comment lifeboats are not ships,none of these playthings called yachts are ships either !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk