Author Topic: Ship photography from Maasvlakte  (Read 5783 times)

Offline Bruno Boissonneault

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Ship photography from Maasvlakte
« on: December 12, 2014, 03:37:18 PM »
I seem to notice that most photos taken from Maasvlatke date back from this summer, except from those of Pilotefrans, is there a reason for this? Has the place become off limits for photographers. I looked on the internet to find an answer but to no avail.

Thanks for any information

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ship photography from Maasvlakte
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 05:21:13 PM »
I don't know if there are any other reasons... I was at Maasvlakte last July. But Derek is definitely right about the journey. After the cut through the journey to Maasvlakte seems endless, even by car ;D

Cheers,
Jens

Offline Pilot Frans

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Sanderse Shipphoto
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 05:47:20 PM »
Even by car travelling to Euromax and MOT/Gate Terminal is traveltime increased by 15 minutes !!!
But this was already since summer 2013.

There is still access to the Maasvlakte. They still fishers & photographers there as a can see from the ships.

Offline Pilot Frans

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Sanderse Shipphoto
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 05:48:18 PM »

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 06:09:19 PM »
Hi Frans, so that's were Dutch shipspotters hide when I visit the Maasvlakte ;D
I'm always going a bit farther, where the wind turbines are...

Derek, that's too far for me, too... However, it would never ever have occurred to me to go there by bicycle in the first place ;D ;D

Offline Bruno Boissonneault

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 08:22:19 PM »
Thanks to all for the information, I just might make the journey next summer if I get some time off the ships.

Offline Hannes van Rijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shipspotting.com/userinfo.php?uid=20488
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 06:53:31 AM »
The reason that there are few pictures from the Maasvlakte is,there are few large ships.
The weather lately was not so good, much wind.You can not hide on the Maasvlakte.
If there are few large Container vesels or tankers comming,the spotters are all in the Beerkanaal.For the Maasvlakte,you need to drive about 25 km further. For Container ships the beerkanaal in the morning is the best place.And for Tankers the Calland kanaal.Thats the reason

Rgds:Hannes.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:04:14 AM by Hannes van Rijn »

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ship photography from Maasvlakte solution for Derek
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 08:48:46 PM »
Dear Derek,
as an old friend from you I told my wife that I have to help to solve your large problem. I drove yesterday to Maasvlakte:
First I count the exact distance. I can confirm it is exact 21.8km from Maasvlakte ferry terminal to Massvlakte where the snak bar is.
My car and I had no problems with the wind. We need 15 minutes!!!

My first solution for you:
you have to execise more! Every second day at leat 20 min. As in England it is always rainy so do it in a Gym. I think 20 min. spinning is enough !!
Im Spring you go for 10 days in a training camp to Mallorca. But pay attention to the Germans who block their sun lounger with their towel!

So you can do it with the bike.

Against the wind: you can found British Shipspotting bike racing team. Look for young followers like Mc. Alpine. So you can drive in the wind shadow. To learn it I can recomend TV look in Spring at home from your coach. For learning I can recomend Tour de France or Giro d'Italia.
Please pay attention on the outfitting of your team. Please lerarn the lesson from the teams fron Tour de France. You have to look like them !!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 1/3 of the way is the new truck restaurant there can you have a brake and a rest. But pay attention doping with Heineken is not allowed. There are doping controlls from the police.
Doping is no solution !!
You can have 2 rests: to and back from Maasvlakte. Please pay attention on Saturday and Sunday I think it has closed!

the other solution is an e- bike so you can drive comfortable.

or you look for a netherland shipspotter (-in) with a car which will help you. Or the other way I will say you when I will be next time here so I can help you
I think the ferry is closed Saturday and Sunday. Today there was a messenge closed from 15.12.2013- Mid. of Februars 2014. No newer one. But today I haven't seen a ferry.
Greetings Peter
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:04:09 PM by Peter Schneckenburger »
I'm far away from the sea to Hamburg I have a longer distance as to Venice or Genova. My favorite is the Suez Canal, Panama Canal and since 2006 also Chinese harbours.

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 09:11:41 PM »
Dear Derek,
o.k. when Mr. Mc. Alpine is sitting on the cross bar you are  1/2 in the wind shadow. You can dope with 2 Heineken and Mr. Mc. Alpine will be punished because of overloading a bicycle.
See you 2015 !!!!
Greetings
Peter
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:32:52 PM by Peter Schneckenburger »
I'm far away from the sea to Hamburg I have a longer distance as to Venice or Genova. My favorite is the Suez Canal, Panama Canal and since 2006 also Chinese harbours.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk