Author Topic: Irish Ferries Johnathan Swift  (Read 4018 times)

Offline IanO

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Irish Ferries Johnathan Swift
« on: August 21, 2014, 10:12:15 AM »
I took a round trip on the Swift on Saturday 16th August.  It was arranged for me to have access to their Wheelchair and a notice had been placed on my booking.

When I arrived at Holyhead and checked in, the man at the desk didn't seem aware of my needs until I mentioned it. He contacted someone who then came over and informed me I should of been at the port one hour before departure as its mentioned on your website for Wheelchair users. The Disability person I had emailed before my trip never informed me of this as I would of been there earlier. Instead I was told I could use your lift situated on the car deck. I was ushered through customs on the the coach to take me to the Ship. After getting off the coach I asked a crew member by the bow doors for the use of the lift, he informed me it was situated further down the Car deck. No assistance was given to me and I couldn't access the lift as I couldn't get passed all the cars. I had to the struggle up the stairs to the main deck.

By the time I reached the deck, my Arthritis was really bad and I was very distressed and tired. I spoke to a  member of the crew at the Bureau De Change who said the Disability person had not informed her of my needs. She did arrange for the Wheelchair use at Dublin and then back at Holyhead, I will add the gentleman that wheeled me off the ship was helpful.   When we reached the exit he was about to wheel me to the coach, but a member of Stena staff was also waiting with a specially adapted van (which was Stena's) told the crewman he would take me back to the port.
I also felt the staff need to learn how to talk to Disabled people, I found them at times patronising, just because I have walking difficulties doesn't mean I am stupid.

Now Ill come to the Club Class lounge. Good points, chairs were comfortable and easy access to the outer deck. I feel for

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk