Author Topic: P&O 's Pacific Sky to be replaced by Regal Princess  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Peter Karberg

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
P&O 's Pacific Sky to be replaced by Regal Princess
« on: March 10, 2006, 08:33:11 PM »
According to an article in P&O Australia's news letter Funside News, the cruise ship Pacific Sky is to be sold and will be replaced by the 70,000 ton Regal Princess. Regal Princess will be renamed Pacific Dawn and will commence its cruises from Australia in October 2007, following a refurbisment program. Pacific Sky will depart from the P&O fleet in May 2006.

Offline Glenn Towler

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: P&O 's Pacific Sky to be replaced by Regal Princess
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 09:03:04 PM »
I have heard they want to get rid of it earlier and it is highly unlikley she will return to Australia from her Asia Season.

Offline Peter Karberg

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 09:44:22 AM »
There is further information on this subject in the Escape section of todays Sunday Telegraph that she has been sold to a Spanish cruise company, Pullmantur Cruises.

Will

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 01:15:11 AM »
Yes, she is supposed to sail for Pullmantur as Sea Diamond.

Also, announced recently is that Minerva II (former R-8) will go to Princess in 2007 as the new Royal Princess.

Offline David Duggan

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • http://ship_shore2003@yahoo.com.au
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 09:02:20 AM »
For what its worth, my son was the DJ on board a number of sailings last year out of Brisbane, including that one where some crazie decided to take an early morning swim. I dont believe he was ever recovered. My lad tells me that not a lot of the engine room crew wrere fully up to speed with Steam Turbines and this fact + her age was probably responsible for the numerous "incidents" that have plagued her in the last few years.
She was in my opinion, a most attractive vessel in profile and 3/4 bow on. Well at least her successor is some 7 years younger.
8-)

Offline Glenn Towler

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 09:28:29 AM »
Got agree, I have not seen her as Pacific Skybut saw her on her numerous visits to Hobart as Sky Princess, and felt she had a certian look about her.  I think I was first impressed by her length.  But as I got to know the vessel by appearence there was just a certain something about her.  Hopefully under her new owners she won't have as many problems and who knows she might wonder back to Australia shores oneday!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk