Author Topic: Rostock, Travemunde, early May - spotting "what, where, when" ?...  (Read 2614 times)

Offline polsteam

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://ships.greenet.pl/photo
planning a short visit to Rostock / Warnemunde and Lubeck / Travemunde, I would be pleased to learn anything and I would appreciate receiving some advice...

two spotters will be in Rostock and Travemunde area from May 1 around noon or afternoon until May 4 at noon...  most probably 1st night stay in Rostock area, second in Travemunde and the third in Rostock again...

will there be anything special / unusual (unusual / non-regular ship visit) in any of the mentioned ports?...

where to seek traffic information (port expected arrivals)?...

what are the most dense (most traffic filled) hours of regular traffic (mainly ferries) in these ports in these days?

what are the best vantage / spotting (photography) points / sites (also taking into consideration the direction of the sunlight)?...

are there any "hafenrundfahrt" boat trips available at this time of the year in the mentioned ports?...

any bit of information will be much appreciated.

regards,

Peter

despite using "polsteam" for my nick I have NO personal (professional) or business connections with the company of the same name

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Rostock, Travemunde, early May - spotting "what, where, when" ?...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 06:55:42 PM »
I am prior to a trip to Travem

Offline polsteam

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://ships.greenet.pl/photo
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 07:08:18 PM »
It's a pity we will miss the possible meeting :)

Thank you for information.

Is the beach itself better or maybe this little pier?...
https://www.google.com/maps/@53.9590385,10.8837716,21z

Do you know if this pier is publicly accessible?...

It would be probably nice, because one may catch the ferry both fore quarter view and aft quarter view in one ship passage...

Regards,

Peter
despite using "polsteam" for my nick I have NO personal (professional) or business connections with the company of the same name

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 07:32:39 PM »
Here, this one that is what shows on your map: I was onboard the ferries. Ferries are passing close, but light is on the wrong side.

And here, that is photo from the opposite side, Priwall. Left from that, there is a big beach.

So, both places are fine, but the latter has better light. Both accessible by foot.

Greetings,

Cornelia

Offline Malte Classens

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 01:37:35 PM »
Hello Peter,
understand you will probably be Friday/Saturday in L

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk