Author Topic: Updates on vessels and services to New Zealand in 2013  (Read 127106 times)

Offline Aaron Fox

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Updates on vessels and services to New Zealand in 2013
« on: December 29, 2012, 07:49:04 AM »
Updates from previous posts that will take effect in 2013.

COSCO have replaced the Cosco Yingkou with the JPO Tucana is schedule to arrived in NZ in January 2013.

MSC Regina has now replaced E.R. Fremantle.

OOCL New Zealand has now replaced CSAV Lonquimay on the North Asia Express service.

COSCO are replacing Cosco Fuzhou with "Aglaia" IMO 9400215. She is due Auckland 1 February 2013.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Updates on vessels and services to New Zealand in 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 02:34:17 AM »
Does anyone know why the Trans Future 5 is spending 10 days berthed in Wellington? She arrived 31 December and is departing for Lyttelton 11 January.

Offline Groovypict

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 06:22:41 AM »
Re Trans Future 5, Not sure what's going on but the Trans Future 6 spent a similar amount of time either in or anchored off Nelson over Christmas,, at the time was thinking maybe engineering issues but perhaps they are slowing down the schedule over the New Year?
The Trans Future 6 departed Nelson on 28th December at 10am and spent the rest of the day at anchor,,
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:27:15 AM by Craig Feierabend »

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 09:29:29 AM »
Thanks, that's interesting. According to shipping arrivals for Lyttelton, both Trans Future 5 and 7 will be in port on the same day. The TF5 is loading MDF, and TF7 is discharging cars and then loading MDF. I don't how they will separate the schedules once they get back to Japan.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 12:09:42 AM »
Reef Shipping's website is down at the moment. When you click on the web address it now says www.matson.co.nz .
I guess the new owners are reconfiguring the site.

Offline Nigel Price

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 04:05:39 AM »
According to the POAL website, Trans Future 7 is due in Auckland on the 11th January from Melbourne ( presumably with Camry's from the Toyota Altona factory ), sailing for Lyttleton late on the same day.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 09:49:30 AM »
ToyoFuji Shipping are supplementing the Oceania schedule with "Trans Future 3" IMO 9227613 and "Dream Diva" IMO 9325790.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 08:14:46 PM »
Swires's replacement for "Tasman Star" is "Aalsmeergracht" IMO 9044748. She will be renamed "Tasman Bay".
She was previously in Swire's fleet as "Tasman Spirit".
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:16:49 PM by Stephen Chester »

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »
Hi All
What's up with the "Tini" (Spirit of Independence)? Lately she has been shifting berths around the Port of Auckland, and is down to do more of it. She is loaded with containers that I presume are coastal exports, so shippers must be getting annoyed.
Her running mate "Spirit of Endurance" is in dry dock and has spent more time there than was anticipated. She leaves dry dock on the 14 January and goes to Bledisloe wharf, and loads her first cargo on the 17th.
"Tini" moves from Jellicoe to Fergusson, AGAIN, on the 12th, and then back to Jellicoe until 16th?.
She also doesn't appear to have been renamed. When will with this happen?

Offline Mike Cornwall

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 11:02:47 PM »
Stephen

She's a mystery to us also. She has mechanical issues to be resolved plus safety issues. We can't/wont work her till these are done. I am working this arvo on her, this was yesterday, but when I left work last night this had been canned for some reason. I am surprised to now see her at FX again. So I'm not sure what happens when I get to work in a couple of hours.
Word is though, she's a dog.
I'll keep you posted.

Mike
Hilifta

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 11:08:46 PM »
Oluf Maersk is transferring from the OC1 North America schedule to the South East Asia schedule. She will replace Olivia Maersk at Port Chalmers on 23 January. Olivia Maersk will then transfer to the OC1 schedule.
A replacement vessel for the listed "MDV Graham" on the South East Asia schedule is "E.R.Malmo" IMO 9315848.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 11:13:32 PM »
Hi Mike
Thanks for that, knew there must be something up. I wonder who does the background checks on these vessels before they take delivery? It's no good finding out once they have arrived to start work. Maybe they are are holding off on renaming as they may have to hand her back. ;D

Offline Brent

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 07:48:04 AM »
Hi

We rely on the New Plymouth service and as of Friday was advisede to us her V1 of SOI will be this week incl. New Plymouth Thursday 17th, will be very depressed if not there just hope you guys are being pessimistic.

Cheers

B

Offline Mike Cornwall

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 07:51:06 AM »
Stephen,

We took all the boxes we loaded last week,back off her except, the Nelson boxes. The others will go south on the OOCL New Zealand on Monday.
Appears she has significant engine problems. In the bosses words "it's rooted".
Hilifta

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 09:03:20 PM »
Thanks Mike.
Wonder why they kept the Nelson boxes on board? I see she has a supposed departure of 16 January, so maybe she will go straight to Nelson and then New Plymouth. That is if the problems are fixed.
Sorry Brent, doesn't look like she will be in New Plymouth on 17th.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk