Author Topic: Diamond Jubilee Pageant  (Read 4010 times)

Offline John Jones

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Diamond Jubilee Pageant
« on: June 05, 2012, 11:54:41 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhoIgOE5cFs

Some scenes on the river as vessels head back 'after' the event as a taster. I'll be preparing fuller coverage of the actual pageant over the coming days.

Best Regards
John J.
Any views expressed in the forum are my own personal opinions and are not to be taken as those of members of the admin team or of the site owners.

Clydee

Re: Diamond Jubilee Pageant
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 02:00:26 AM »
Thank you John

I look forward to the fuller coverage of what was a magnificently conceived and executed event

May I make a parochial request for more shots of the rowing boats at the head of the fleet, including the Aussie surf boat crews in yellow?  For their usual habitat see http://www.sls.com.au/members/surf-sports/disciplines/surf-boats

Best regards
Clyde

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 08:15:32 AM »
Hi Clyde,

I also have many photos from the pageant some of which I've uploaded to Shipspotting already. Obviously a lot are of small boats and unsuitable for here but I have my photos on a Facebook album which can be viewed publicly on the following link:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150929068637421.441026.783647420&type=1&l=497e460ac8

Feel free to take a look

Brgds
Phil

Clydee

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 10:15:34 AM »
Thank you Phil

I have taken the look and enjoyed it.  You and John, and a million others, had plenty to keep your shutters busy.

There were a few shots in your collection which included the surf lifesavers, wearing more clothes than usual.

Thanks again, for your contribution to a memorable occasion.

Best regards
Clyde

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 12:39:40 PM »
Hi Clyde,

I'm glad you enjoyed them. I just wish that the weather had been better. It was very overcast and, by the latter stages of the pageant, the rain was so bad that decent photographs were impossible.

Still, at least I was there !

Brgds
Phil

Offline John Jones

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »
Clyde,

I'm sure I've got some good footage of what you're looking for but video is all new and a real time consuming faff to edit as far as I can see so you'll have to be patient.

As for photos, I took just under 400. But as Phil has said the conditions were not exactly conducive to good results!

But it was a fantastic day none the less :)

Best Regards
John J.
Any views expressed in the forum are my own personal opinions and are not to be taken as those of members of the admin team or of the site owners.

Offline Fergal Clohessy

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 02:47:20 PM »
Phil,

some great photos on your facebook page. despite the weather, nice and bright and colourful.

cheers for sharing!
Fergal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk