Author Topic: Fastnet Shore/Fastnet Service  (Read 7076 times)

Offline clifford Taylor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Fastnet Shore/Fastnet Service
« on: May 30, 2009, 09:40:38 PM »
Hi all

I have a question I have a rc supply vessel called fastnet shore, has any one any information or photos of this ship.

This model was scratch built, it needs some work done and I would like to keep it as near to the real thing as possable.

I know its registard to a company in Lagos and the ship is now called Fastnet Service and it was built in 1974 ship registration number is 7341659, I just cannot find any more out.

Hoping someone knows something.

Cliff

Offline spotti

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Fastnet Shore/Fastnet Service
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 05:14:57 PM »
Google will bring you a nice photo of Fastnet Shore.
Source: www.images-of-ships.co.uk , apparently.

Regards
Niels

Offline Stuart Reeder

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 06:04:20 AM »
Fastnet was 1 of 4 of this "weather class" built for Offshore Marine Ltd.Gt.Yarmouth.5600 bhp anchor handling supply vessel.I spent 5 years on the Fastnet working out of Aberdeen.The other 3 of this type were Forties Shore,Cromarty Shore and Lundy Shore.The company was taken over by Zapata when the names were changed from shore to service.

Offline Jack Pitcher

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 06:11:06 AM »
I was the Skipper when she was based in Pauillac in France

Offline nav

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 01:57:27 AM »
I worked on her during the laying of the FLAGS Gasline for Shell when she was o  long term charter working as a support vessel for the pipe laying barge Semac 1. (FLAGS = Far North Liquids and Associated Gas System) Semac 1  = Shell Expro - Macdermott. She was set up as a survey vessel carrying out video surveys for trenching the pipeline into the seabed with J Ray MacDermott's Jet Barge 4 (JB4). The skipper was Butch Wooltorton and the first mate was Pete Strachan. She was built by Appledore Shipbuilders in Devon circa 1974. The strange bow shape gave this class a tendency to start an uncontrolled pitching in certain wave conditions that ended up burying the wheelhouse with the windows breaking in. Butch managed to pull FS out of one such incident by very slowly easing back the throttles. That said, she was otherwise a great seaboat and a very happy ship.

Offline NZJollyJack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 02:07:35 AM »
Hi, Kiwi here. I served on the "Fastnet Shore" with Butch out of Montrose. I was 3rd Eng for several trips. You can find me on facebook along with other OM Ship mates. Look at my model of "Lundy Shore" at www.modeldockyard.co.nz
Geoff Chowles
Auckland, New Zealand

Offline NZJollyJack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 02:11:04 AM »
Ps. is Buch still on deck or has he crossed the Bar?

Kiwi
AKA Geoff Chowles

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk