Author Topic: Mirabelle grounded outside danish port  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Morten

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Mirabelle grounded outside danish port
« on: December 16, 2008, 11:05:48 PM »
The ill-fated ship Mirabelle has once again been involved in an incident. Last month, the ship collided with a tanker jetty in the danish port of K

Offline Timsen

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Mirabelle grounded outside danish port
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 08:57:55 AM »
Another Danish report with picture of teh grounded ship:
http://www.maritimedanmark.dk/?Id=3268

Offline Morten

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 07:25:35 PM »
Here is a little more information about the grounding. A salvage plan has been prepared for the ship involving emptying ballast tanks and removing some of the timber.

The article comes with a picture clearly showing the ship listing to port and quite embarrasingly that it is quite clearly positioned about 100 m on the wrong side of a red marker! The area where the ship has run aground is very shallow and the ship ran aground at high tide, so chances are that there will be substantial damage to the hull and that it will take quite a bit of effort to bring the ship off the ground!

I was down at the marina to see the ship today and as the tide was down, it was clear that the ship was bending, trimming and listing quite a bit. I took a picture with my phone, but the quality is quite bad, but if anyone want to see it, I'll upload it.

Anyway, the article:

Mirabelle aground

Offline Timsen

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 08:56:03 AM »
Yes, thank you, please upload your photo on the casualties-thread!
Ship was meanwhile refloated by tug Ronja:
http://www.fyens.dk/article/1145949:Svendborg--Mirabelle-trukket-fri-af-grunden-i-nat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk