Author Topic: Bow Sky - IMO 9215268  (Read 2509 times)

Bow Sky - IMO 9215268
« on: November 07, 2008, 01:03:30 PM »
Hi All

Quite a few photographs on the site for the Bow Sky - so this piece of information may be of interest.

'Scandinavian Oil-Gas Magazine
http://www.scandoil.com/moxie-bm2/news/odfjell-sells-ship-with-a-net-gain-of-32-million.shtml

Odfjell sells ship with a net gain of $32 million

Odfjell has sold MT Bow Sky with a net gain of USD 32 million. The sale of the ship is to strengthen the equity following the Norwegian retroactive tax imposed last year.

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Bow Sky - IMO 9215268
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 05:55:03 PM »
Hi Steve

Interesting stuff  -  quite obscene that they should make more out of her than the builders !!!  -  but that's the world of high finance I guess

Allan

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »

onionsa wrote:
Hi Steve

Interesting stuff  -  quite obscene that they should make more out of her than the builders !!!  -  but that's the world of high finance I guess

Allan

Hi Allan

It puts a different slant on the alleged 'credit crunch' - obviously still some money tattling about out there  :-o

Regards

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 06:35:18 PM »
Allan,
I have a feeling this may be the sort of deal that the banks etc have been guilty of recently.
"You buy this off me; I will pay you to rent it back. That way, I dodge the tax and keep the use of the tanker".
Fiddle is the other term I was thinking of!
I noticed the new "Owner" is an Australian bak; the original owner was based in Singapore. I bet it wouldn't take 10 minutes to find the connection.
As you say; "the world of high finance"!
Oh, it took more like 10 seconds to discover that NAB not only have a brancj in Singapore but that their Capital Markets Division is a provider of funds, rather than a purchaser of ships.
Kelvin

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 11:03:53 PM »
Hi Kelvin

Surprise, surprise.....................

Allan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk