Author Topic: Can Anyone Identify This Ship?  (Read 3117 times)

Offline faynce

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can Anyone Identify This Ship?
« on: January 01, 2017, 03:39:48 PM »
I was visiting the Outer Banks back in 2008, and came across this ship. I have no idea what it is. There's a serial number of some kind on the outside, reading "80NS0601." I figured a ship of that shape was probably military, but I can't find any reference to a ship of that shape at all.

Do any of you know what's in the picture? I've been meaning to ask for a while, and I bet you guys/gals have seen LOTS of ships.

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Can Anyone Identify This Ship?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 05:04:19 PM »
Maybe this one or sistership of same type?

M80 Stiletto Littoral Ship

http://www.hightech-edge.com/us-navy-m80-stiletto-littoral-ship/13786/

Rgds. Juergen

Offline rarcand

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 05:05:26 PM »
Hi,

It is a M80 Stiletto a stealth ship. Check this : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M80_Stiletto

Happy New Year for 2017

R

Offline Steven Collingwood

• Photo Corrections
  • Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • Steven Collingwood on SmugMug
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 01:27:57 PM »
I am just curious, where exactly on the outer banks were you?  I live in Eastern NC and visit the outer banks quite often.  I *think* that might be the northern end of Ocracoke maybe (the Hatteras to Ocracoke ferry terminal)?  I have never seen a non ferry vessel tied up their, so that would be interesting.  I have never seen a military vessel at Ocracoke, but have been there numerous times when USMC Helicopters would land at the small airport there and their crews would eat at one of the local restaurants (usual Howard's Pub) and then take back off.
Steven Collingwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk