Author Topic: news  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Lucas Latreche

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://raflucgr.ra.funpic.de
news
« on: May 08, 2006, 01:19:55 PM »
hi to all of you

The Queen Mary 2 is in dry-dock in Hamburg, Blohm+Voss (Elbe 17), she arrived yesterday. She is there , to change the pod broken last january, and probably other works.

The Celebrity's Century is under a big refit in Fincantieri, Palermo.

the Ella k is now at the anchorage in Pireaus, main port.

the Ocean Odyssey is also in the Pireaus main port for last repairs and be inaugurated.

The Aeolos Express is supposed to be use by Nel lines this summer, whereas the Aeolos Express II will stay laid-up. Few months ago we heard that both could be reactived, it's diificult to know if the aeolos express II will be reactived, there is the same problem in Italy with this kind of ships, I mean with the Taurus(Tirrenia) which is laid-up in Genova.

Anyway, the rumours about the Aeolos Kenteris are confirmed(sorry to not speak of that here before), she will get new engines, but not in Greece, but in Italy, in a yard owned by Fincantieri, however I don't know which one; maybe Palermo. So she will be here this summer for Pireaus-Paros-Naxos line. Finally the rumours about the Panagia Parou and Thalassini are also confirmed they will be used on Lavrion-Syros-Tinos-Mykonos line, but no preparations are started. They are still laid-up near the dry-dock.(Vassiliadis I mean).

As I said few days ago, the Macedon is in preparation to enter in service again between Lavrio and Kea-Kythnos.

The Freedom of the seas is en route to New York for naming ceremony.

The Celebrity's Constellation is arrived in Dover and has started her cruises in Northern Europe.

The Navigator of the seas will be used for cruises from Southampton in 2007, it's official.

The building of the sister ship of the tallink's Gallaxy has began on Friday au Chantiers de l'Atlantique in St Nazaire. They will buid 40% of the ship (4500 t), essentially the hull, after she will be finished in Aker yards in Rauma, Finland, it's the first collaboration between Alstom Marine and Akre yards .

regards
Lucas Latreche
http://ferriesandcruiseships.t35.com
8-) Mr Express Apollon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk