Author Topic: Apparent re-naming of Lezhevo.  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Mallard

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Apparent re-naming of Lezhevo.
« on: March 07, 2015, 09:17:23 PM »
Whilst checking on Marine Traffic this morning prior to a visit to Ipswich and Felixtowe today, I clicked on what had been Lezhevo only yesterday berthed in Ipswich and was surprised to see the name Leo Trio instead.  When my pal and I got down there we were able to confirm that the ship had been renamed Leo Trio.  The port of registry remains Panama.  Can anyone supply any further details (for instance, new owners, etc.) please.

Mallard.

Offline Ron' Breizh

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Apparent re-naming of Lezhevo.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 10:47:45 PM »
Hi there!

I checked but apparently official informations are not available on the web (too recent transaction, I think so) but... We can suppose, if the new name is Leo Trio, that the new Owner is TOKEI KAIUN KK with its subsidiary LEO OCEAN S.A.
Let's see in the coming days when datas will be updated.

Ron.

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 12:12:31 PM »
Tokei Kaiun K.K. and their Panamanian subsidiary Leo Ocean S.A. is a Japanese tonnage provider working in close relationship with Japanese trading houses in the purchase and charter of newbuilding bulk carriers and containerships.

Like any Japanese company of this nature, Tokei Kaiun would not buy a 1995-built short-sea vessel working in NW Europe!!

The buyer of Lezhovo is most likely to be a company based either in the Baltic or Mediterranean/Black sea areas

Brgds
Phil

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 09:46:44 AM »
According the Russian Maritime Register, the new owner is TRIO Denizcilik ve Ticaret (TRIO Shipping Co. Ltd) of Istanbul, Turkey.

Brgds
Phil

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 01:00:38 PM »
Registered owner GS Marine Corp, Majuro, Marshall is
flag Panama
manager (& presumably beneficial owner) Trio Denizcilik Ic ve Dis Ticaret Ltd Sti, Istanbul
http://sergip.com/trio-denizcilik-ic-ve-dis-ticaret-ltd-sti--firma233.html
but website http://www.trioshipping.com/ has no public content yet.

Offline Mallard

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 05:11:30 AM »
Many thanks for all your responses to my posting.  Very interesting and informative.  Greatly appreciated.

Mallard.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk