Author Topic: 16th 3 big ships  (Read 4193 times)

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
16th 3 big ships
« on: August 13, 2013, 07:36:42 PM »
on 16th I will visit the great event to see the 3 largest ships togethter in Rotterdam.
I will stay at de Beers hotel and will be invited from Maersk.
Who will visit also this event? Who is guest from Maersk?
Perhaps we can make for the aftershow a cometogether.
What is a good place to eat nearby Rotzenburg ? Brielle? Some insider suggestions.
Thanks and see you in Rotterdam
Xylad- Peter
I'm far away from the sea to Hamburg I have a longer distance as to Venice or Genova. My favorite is the Suez Canal, Panama Canal and since 2006 also Chinese harbours.

Offline Mark T

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
Re: 16th 3 big ships
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 08:10:13 PM »
Lucky you!
A smooth waters never made a skilled sailor............

Offline Robert Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 09:10:21 PM »
maersk has erected a stand for 1000 people at slag maasmond, so you won't lack company. seats were available by liking maersk on facebook. i think that another 1000 people or more will be gatecrashing. in short, you'd need quite a big place for a cozy party afterwards peter !

rgds,robert
 ;D

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 08:35:10 AM »
Robert,
I know I got a seat from Maersk. But the cometogether I thought it would be a good idea to meet the contibutors from shipspotting members. It would be a good opportunity to see each others.
By the way where can I get a good meal in Rozenburg?
Thanks
Peter
I'm far away from the sea to Hamburg I have a longer distance as to Venice or Genova. My favorite is the Suez Canal, Panama Canal and since 2006 also Chinese harbours.

Offline Robert Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 12:10:16 PM »
Hi Peter,

I feel it will be terribly busy at the Maasmond. Since the Maasvlakte 2 is operational, this is the only good place to take pictures on arrival. It is be reachable by a two-lane road only and there will be a lot of people attending.
Any new large vessel attracts a crowd here.
The other vessels are within easy reach. TI Europe will be at the Landtong and the Vale Rio de Janeiro at EMO. Please see separate thread.
You may consider having a meal at the "Veerhuis" at Rozenburg. It is situated outside the village next to the Rozenburg-Maassluis ferry. Since it's on the riverbank you have a good view on shipping to/from Rotterdam from it's terrace.

Rgds,
Robert.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 05:10:23 PM by Robert Smith »

Offline Robert Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 12:30:09 PM »
Vessel's schedules unchanged. By the way also the "Berge Stahl" will be in port berthed at EECV. And I made a mistake about the name of the restaurant in Rozenburg. It's "Veerheuvel".

Have fun tomorrow
rgds,
Robert.

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 08:26:00 PM »
I'm  now in de Beers where I had dinner tonight. Today I was at the Landtong and took some photos of the Berge Stahl and the TI Europe.
Maersk estimate the arrival of the MMKM between 13:30 and 14:30 they wrote in the invitation.
Robert thanks for the information I will have dinner tomorrow at the ferry restaurant.
greetings
Peter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk