Author Topic: Seafarers official: Pirates hijack US tugboat, the next "Show Down"  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Gerolf Drebes

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Seafarers official: Pirates hijack US tugboat, the next "Show Down"
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 05:51:51 PM »
The "pirats war" in the Gulf od Aden seems to extend to a larger political matter.
Daily you read in the newspapers about that. Today even there was an argument, that if the US fleet would continue attacking the pirats this would be an offense against Arab interests. Very strange.
Hope the united military vessels in that area make that offense against civil shipping soon an end.
gedre

Offline Morten

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 06:50:17 PM »
I think that if arab countries feel that this is somehow a violation of any rights they might feel they have over international waters, they should actually do something instead of just complaining that the whole world is against them... The pirates get most of their weapons via Yemen... The only interests I can see in the arab countries are people profiting from the weapons trade across the gulf of aden - possibly even the pirate business!

Though I disagree with parts of the american military engagements around the world (not going to discuss that here!) I have to say that I'm a big proponent for any military presence in this area, be it european, american or asian!

Offline mooringman

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 07:22:43 AM »
According to media it was the tug "Bucaneer",the ex "Smit Lloyd 72",but i guess,it is an italian owned vessel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk