Author Topic: Last sailing of the Stena Discovery  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Hawkeye

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Last sailing of the Stena Discovery
« on: January 07, 2007, 03:08:07 PM »
Hi

The day is near when the Discovery goes. She is due to make her last sailing on Monday 8th January on the 10.30 departure from Harwich.

There is a party of Stena Bosses & Press coming on my own ship tonight with the intension of being on the last sailing. Some of the press will not be on the Discovery, but on here, presumably to photograph her passing the Brit. This she usually does twice, first time in the morning on her way in to Harwich, just as we are leaving. (This usually occurs just off Landguard pointand should be possible to photograph from the beach), and at sea when she overtakes us in mid channel.
Good oppertunity for photos from people in the Harwich area.
However the weather is starting to look a bit iffy, with the forcast being close to her restrictions, so we'll see with she sails at all.

I should be able to report on this event tomorrow

Regards

Karl
 :-)

Offline CedricH

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Last sailing of the Stena Discovery
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 08:10:01 PM »
Hi,

do you sail on the Stena Brittanica or Hollandica?
Or another one that I have missed :oops:

Regards
Cedric
Photo admin for the Passenger Vessels, RO/RO, Ship Interiors and Vehicle Carriers categories

Offline Hawkeye

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Last sailing of the Stena Discovery
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 03:20:04 PM »
Hi Cedric
I sail on the Stena Britannica, and have done for about three years. Previous to that I was on the P&O ships and came into Stena employment on the take over of these three ships. I was on the Pride of Flanders / Flanders / Stena Transporter for about 8 years on this ship.

Regards
Karl
 :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk