Author Topic: IMO 6413924 - Information wanted  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Neil England

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
IMO 6413924 - Information wanted
« on: October 06, 2006, 01:38:12 AM »
A ship with the above IMO Number was recently in dry dock at Vancouver, Canada. It was listed as a US-flagged reefer used for fish processing, but looked a lot like a 1960s-vintage cargo ship. Can anyone get me information on its previous history? Many thanks, in advance.

Neil England

Offline Richard Matterson

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • World Warships
Re: IMO 6413924 - Information wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 02:19:14 AM »
Neil,

Launched as Oregon Mail in 1964 as a General Cargo Ship (Builders National Steel, San Diego Yard Number 335).

As built:

LOA: 171.8
GRT: 12440
DWT: 14747

Converted to a container ship in 1972 and lengthened:

LOA: 203.8
GRT: 16542
DWT: 19595

1975 renamed President Kennedy
1988 renamed President Wilson
1988 renamed Ocean Phoenix

1989 Converted to a fish processing / factory ship

GRT: 17840

regards,

Richard

Offline Neil England

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 05:07:18 AM »
Thanks for this information Richard. A few other local shipspotters who also saw this vessel will be pleased to get these facts. On behalf of all of us, my appreciation for your reply.

Regards,
Neil.

Offline Hawkeye

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 12:39:38 PM »
Hi Neil
Just to let you & others know, there is a website, found by another fellow shipspotter, where you can trace most ships by their IMO number. The site is http://www.miramarshipindex.org.nz/
Regards
Karl
 :-)

Offline Neil England

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 07:36:04 PM »
Thanks Karl, that's a great site! The ones I had been using where incomplete and unreliable.

Regards,
Neil.

Offline robert etchell

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 02:12:17 AM »
neil you can use that imo numbers on onther site that site is www.equasis.org but you have to resgester and on the site it has section on imo numbers and you can fil in that section and get all the info on any ship. i got photo of the columbia river. she has on the side of the ship IMC POOL there have been other ships that have been here that are bulkers that have imc pool on the side of the ship . does any one know what imc pool stands for it would be  toknow this. one ship i got with imc pool on the side was the LAKE JOY and they have been others been here too but i can not name they off hand.

robert

Offline David Duggan

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • http://ship_shore2003@yahoo.com.au
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 12:52:00 AM »
Robert,
Greetings from downunder.
We see quite a number of these bulkers 'branded' "I M C POOL" coming and going Brisbane.
Go to their site  http://www.imcshipping.com  for all details including a ship list.
Regards,
David D. :-)
8-)

Offline robert etchell

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 02:24:30 AM »
david i look at that web site imc pool it looked intersting but i have to amit mistake i rember that the bulker columbia river that neil england photo posted on the site had ihc pool on the side and so did the lake joy. is ihc pool part of of that copany of imc or is some else. i am sorry about this mistake.

robert

Offline Neil England

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 08:44:13 PM »
Robert,

It is indeed IHC Pool, which stands for International Handybulk Carriers, and is operated by a company called Pacific Basin Shipping, out of Hong Kong. Check their website, as they give their fleet list, and you'll see how many local names are used for their ships.

www.pacbasin.com

Two more of their fleet that I've seen in Vancouver this year are the Black  Forest (photo is posted on Shipspotting) and the Castle Peak.

Regards, Neil.

Offline robert etchell

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 10:09:58 PM »
thanks neil i looked at the website and found it intersting. there is one ship that stood out and that was the prince rupert here on british columbia coast there is city called prince rupert and i have been there the quuen of north run to prince rupert and the ferry to alaska goes there too and the ferry to queen charlote islands off the bc coast goes from prince rupert. prince rupert is on north coast of bc and if the buklker has been there that would be site to see ship named    prince rupert in the port of prince rupert. the port of prince rupert has two terminals a coal termnial and grain terminal now a continaer ternimal is been built so that would change things big for prince rupert. ilke prince rupert i hope to go there agian neil have you been there too.
robert

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk