Author Topic: GA Drawings of the danish Torm Reefer "Yugala" later "La Lima"?  (Read 4009 times)

Offline risawolesk

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
    • http://www.risawoleska.com
GA Drawings of the danish Torm Reefer "Yugala" later "La Lima"?
« on: February 11, 2012, 08:42:26 AM »
Hello all together,
I am in a research progress for the danish Reefer "Yugala", build at Elsinore 1959 for the Torm Company. I believe, later on she became the "La Lima".
As I build in scale 1:1250 Waterline, a GA would be good enaugh, although the Lines would be brilliant. Photos of this elegant ship would be welcome as well
She looks very similar to me to the first Maersk Reefer, the "Drag

Offline Captain Carlitos

• Quite a regular
  • Carlos Vadir Go
    • View Profile
    • www.lacuadernacubana.com
Re: GA Drawings of the danish Torm Reefer "Yugala" later "La Lima"?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »
Hi, I'm member of faroderecalada web, web dedicated to the world merchant marine and Cuban. Yes, the LIMA was the Yugala, ship refrigerated. Not if you want to do a demo, if so, and you need photos we can help, it would be a pleasure to have a model of this ship but we settle for the photos. Answer me this email please [email protected]

Offline spotti

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: GA Drawings of the danish Torm Reefer "Yugala" later "La Lima"?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 07:31:12 PM »
Burkhard,
Quite a few differences between Yugala/La Lima and Dragoer Maersk (built at the old yard of Odense Steelship Yard, not the Lindoe yard).

The two ships differ with respect to superstructure, gear arrangement, design of funnel,
forecastle, and poophouse.

In general Yugala is a typical Elsinore-ship, very streamlined, while Dragoer Maersk
is of a more classic design, very much like the Maersk liners of that time.

Niels

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk