Author Topic: HMCS Iroquois  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Les bateaux du Qu

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://cf.groups.yahoo.com/group/bateauxquebec/
HMCS Iroquois
« on: January 23, 2012, 05:51:32 PM »
Interesting news when reading to an 2009 article from a Sorel Tracy newspaper. It is said that the city have an eyes on puchasing Hmcs Iroquois, which was build in Sorel in early 70's, to make it a museum:
Sorry for the french version.

Offline Jarrod David

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: HMCS Iroquois
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 12:51:06 AM »
Thanks for the story Daniel.I would love to see my old ship preserved for sure.she was a great ship to work on and the people of Sorel should be proud of her.

Take Care
Jarrod
[color=0066FF]Jarrod David[/color][/b]

Offline Jackdusty

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 04:27:27 PM »
Hi Jarrod,
Long time no talk..
here is a translation to the article but I don't think the Iroquois is going to retire yet.

Rgds
Al
(aka Jackdusty)

"The dock number 2 also offers a breathtaking view of the river could also receive riverboats people - emerging in Quebec. But be that these passengers are at the center of things to do, to eat to visit, "he added. This is why the City wants to buy a boat built here, the destroyer HMCS Iroquois could be converted into a museum of shipbuilding telling this part of the story Sorel. The ultimate goal? Bring people to live downtown, services move there to serve them and the tourists who pass. "A downtown business lives only certain times of the week. Not a quarter inhabited. "By people of all backgrounds and all ages, O'Brien insisted Mireille Group technical resources in house. "No way gentrifier downtown," said Mayor. In any case, it is necessary that the city owns land - to sell to developers or to alter access to its infrastructure and avoid speculation. "What investors are confident that their investment will not lose 25% of its value in five years!" A Vision applauded by those present.
Jackdusty  :pint:

Offline Jarrod David

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 02:59:10 AM »
Thanks Al, It has been awhile for sure.I hope all is well with you.I would say they will run the Iroquois as long as they can.

Thanks
Jarrod
[color=0066FF]Jarrod David[/color][/b]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk