Author Topic: Searching for Lister (IMO 7924176)  (Read 3965 times)

Offline Tuomas Romu

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Searching for Lister (IMO 7924176)
« on: December 11, 2011, 10:48:29 AM »
I've been trying to track down LISTER (ex-VIKLA, ex-VIKLAND), an 8,288 DWT product tanker built in 1982 (Valmet Oy, Vuosaari shipyard, Finland).

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo_search.php?imo=7924176

According to Equasis she was detained in Gibraltar for 76 days and later put on auction. Equasis further states that she was sold to an undisclosed buyer in 2010 and is currently "in service/commission" with an unknown flag. The promising Marinetraffic links in Google end up in an unrelated bulk carrier.

I would suspect that she has been sold for recycling considering the age and condition of the vessel, but I could not find any definite proof.

Does anyone here have any idea where this former Neste/Fortum tanker ended up? I would like to keep the list of ships built in Vuosaari up-to-date.

Offline Tuomas Romu

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Lister (IMO 7924176)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 07:11:52 AM »
*Bump*

Could someone with access to various online databases (e.g. Miramar, Fairplay archives) check what information, if any, they have about the Lister? It seems unlikely that there's no trace of her anywhere since the Gibraltar incident.

Equasis says her DNV class was withdrawn (survey overdue) and I also found her from the Internet Archive snapshot of the classification society's class suspension/withdrawal list. According to ShipSpotting she has dual class (DNV and BV), but she's not in the VeriSTAR database.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:31:06 AM by Tuomas Romu »

Offline Aleksi Lindström

• Vice Webmaster
  • Top Poster
  • Never give up!
    • View Profile
    • My photos on Shipspotting.com
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 07:39:43 AM »
Hi Tuomas,

I checked Miramar for you - no update as to her fate unfortunately! I'd be most interested to know too where she's disappeared.

Cheers,
Aleksi

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 09:08:47 AM »
Tuomas,

The sale at auction in Gibraltar was in 2009. She was sold to a Nigerian company and is believed to be operating in the West African trades. WAF trades are notorious for less well maintained and non-double hull tankers and there is no mandatory requirement for IACS classification. Many old products tankers with withdrawn class find their way to Nigeria and do a few years of trading before being laid up and effectively abandoned. Whether the Lister is actually trading or laid up rusting away in some backwater is another matter. Once vessels leave IACS classification they become very difficult to trace unless someone on shipspotting has a camera pointing in the right direction.

Brgds
Phil
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 09:15:19 AM by Phil English »

Offline Tuomas Romu

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 06:27:35 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk