Author Topic: Russian warship Smetlivy taking part in military exercises with Italy  (Read 2026 times)

Offline nerazzgadannaya

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Russian warship Smetlivy (810) taking part in military exercises IONIEKS-2011 with Italy. Now this ship staying in Valetta (Malta), soon it will visit Augusta (Sicily) and Taranto, and then from 10 to 14 november will take part in maneures with italuan navy in Ionic Sea.

Smetlivi - guard-ship (fregate) from russian Black Sea Fleet, was build in 1969 as destroyer (antisubmarine ship), but in 1999 modernised and transferred to fregate class. Basing at Sevastopol. Its name can be translated as "resourceful, smart, inventive".

My boyfriend serving on this ship, and if anyone will made photoes of it or just have seen it, i will be very-very grateful! Thanks for any information!

Best regards, Lana from Russia)

Offline nerazzgadannaya

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Russian warship Smetlivy taking part in military exercises with Italy
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 05:08:20 PM »
Newest info

Today in waters of Ionian Sea starts russian-italian naval exercises - IONIEKS-2011, in wich russian ships Smetlivy and Epron, and also italian fregates Espero and Aviere taking part.

From 7 to 9 of november russian ships will visit italian port Taranto for recreation and cultural activity. then from 10 t0 12 of november group of ships will work out on joint action on the reflection of asymmetric threats, will train tactical maneuvering. Particular attention will be focused on the operations to counter terrorist threats at sea space and actions against Somalian pirates in Aden Gulf. From 12 to 15 of november russian ships will visit Augusta (Sicile).

If u have any information about this ships, please write me! Thanks!

Offline Dmitry Rostopshin

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • World of lighthouses
Admin of categories: Buoy/Lighthouse Maintenance % Lightships, Cement Carriers,
Collecting photos of lighthouses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk