Author Topic: What will be the consequence for the import-export of crudeoil now?  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Federico

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
I'm very curious to find some news on how the Lybian, Tunisian and Egyptian crisis will affect the crudeoil import export in the Mediterranean and European zone. I think that the loading are suspended and so the quantities needed by refineries will be searched much more from the Black Sea or from the loading port of Ceyhan in Turkey.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:38:50 PM by Federico »

Offline Trucker001

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: What will be the consequence for the import-export of crudeoil now?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 09:57:20 PM »
 listrening to the news over the last day/2 the price crude went up 4.00 a barrel  almost back up to 90.00 again so it will impact us all
:lol:  :-D  :-D

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:44:08 PM »
Although the price of Brent crude went over $100 today, the Libyan business shouldn't have a serious impact as it supplies only 2% of the world's crude.
Bahrain's output is also tiny.
If the unrest spreads to Abu Dhabi or Qatar, it will be a different story.
Kelvin

BobS

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 12:35:49 AM »
Abu Dhabi and Qatar probably wouldn't make a huge difference, either, but if the Kuwaiti, Iranian and/or Saudi proletariats start revolting, we really will have problems for a while.
British 'oldies' - like me - might find ourselves having to park-up our cars and fully-exploiting our free bus passes; hoping the Tories, in the meantime, don't cut those like they seem to be cutting everything else!!
Whatever happens, it is inevitable that wheeler-dealers in the oil and oil-futures markets will make an absolute killing out of it all - at the expense of ordinary - and especially poor - people and nations worldwide.
And then it will all settle down again until the next crisis!
Sometimes I just wish there was a better alternative to the capitalist system!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:44:35 AM by Bob Scott »

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 11:09:43 AM »
GOOD DAY

In some I agree with yopu,,in others not at all.
Everybody one talks with wants plenty money, but nobody saves for it. when "shit hit the fan" always the present or sometimes the last government is blamed, never the people say,, WOW,,we are the jerks who put those guys in the office. That peoples like the lybian leader or the now leaders in Bahrain at the levers is the pure greed of people all over the world and not just capitalism.
Best example Chavez in Venezuela, or the regime in Iran,, everything is bad from the west, special the USA when something goes wrong,, but when the dollars rolling everybody applauds.
The western nations, had long time, earliest in the 70,s time to change their way of using the resources but everytime "the people" leaned back again the moment the crisis was half over.
My neighbors declared me 12 years ago as "nuts" when I put solar heater for water on my roof
and are now wondering why they pay 30% and more electirc bills then me. Problem is that the capitalist system is seemingly the only one where the majority of the world wants to live with, incl all the set backs. The perfect system however is in theorie communism,where everybody is the same, on paper, but we all know where that ended before.
High oil prices have one good thing, peoples becoming innovative because it pays off to save or alter the way of using things. Lets hope there are some engineers who coming up with some good ideas and do not lean back when the oil prices go down again.
NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

Offline kasco

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 04:21:19 PM »
The price of crude is not the cost of the product, it is the price that the market will bear. 50% of the cost of gasoline or heating oil is taxes.

Governments/oil companies, there are no different. Both feed off each other and the average person gets it were it hurts.

Kasco

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 11:40:02 AM »
Kaso, hi

but seemingly the people don,t mind, otherwise they would protest perhaps.
And everybody wants to drive "his" car on the best roads in the world but not
paying for them. If you take all into account, that peoples who own cars, also would pay
for maintain the very same, then gas prices at the pump would be minimum double then now.
As long,,as you said,,the peoples agree to current prices and higher, and bear the brunt
prices will go up. Change the way of using it, and one will see how quick big companies shifting
in the energay approach.

NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk