Author Topic: ATLANTIC VISION (WHARF HUGGER)  (Read 6337 times)

Offline snocky

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
ATLANTIC VISION (WHARF HUGGER)
« on: January 17, 2011, 11:31:31 PM »
Is it real what i see off port aux basque? Atlantic Vision running up & down coast while Smallwood goes about her business & docks there because i presume a bit of wind is on the go.What in the name of god will happen when Smallwood leaves, & 2 new ferries+ the Vision take over? If 2 new ones are like Vision we are in for rough ride as af far as i,m concerned Vision is a "DUD" period. Won,t even get a chance to get sea sick.

Offline Trucker001

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: ATLANTIC VISION (WHARF HUGGER)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 11:51:15 PM »
 you are right because vision dont sail in bad weather it is a FAIR WEATHER ferry as we all know predict some wind and it dont sail..lets hope the new ones will be better than that POS vision.. as i have stated before we DONT need a cruise ship on the PAB/N Sydney crossing ... the smallwood and caribou both could carry more passengers than each ship they have since got  the could carry 1200 passengers and vision and the 2 other new ones (after the module is added) each carry 1000 pass n crew... 

I just hope the Idots in ottawa and the MA crowd look at building new ferries so when the leases are over they will have new generation gulfspan ferries to put back on the run..
:lol:  :-D  :-D

Offline Gulfspan

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 12:42:12 AM »
Yup she left here last night at 2300 and at 1100 she was still hove too of PaB..couple of guys I know are on it.. they dont have sea legs..and as for the loads..they are late..period..and we need them here..that set back translates into 36hrs in real time ..in manpower thats 2 days on the island..by the time its over ..a week will need to be caught up.
another contractor fired the trucking company he hired today because the trailer they need was in Newfoundland..and guess what ..its late..that guy is two days behind now.

kinda hard to conduct business on coin toss..which when the Vision sets out is exactly what the voyage is

Offline Ben Mugford

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 10:55:20 AM »
MA needs to get the Blue Puttees sailing and the Highlanders over here ASAP so the Vision can finally be put on the Argentia route where she's supposed to be.

Has the Blue Puttees been in port in North Sydney since she arrived? Or has she crossed on some test runs to see how she manages Port Aux Basques. I hope management doesn't think once is enough before putting her in operation.
Camera: Nikon D90 w/ 18-105mm Lens

Offline Jarrod David

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 02:38:14 PM »
MA needs to get the Blue Puttees sailing and the Highlanders over here ASAP so the Vision can finally be put on the Argentia route where she's supposed to be.

Has the Blue Puttees been in port in North Sydney since she arrived? Or has she crossed on some test runs to see how she manages Port Aux Basques. I hope management doesn't think once is enough before putting her in operation.

Hey Ben she has been in North Sydney since the 6th of January, She stopped at Port aux Basques the day before that on her way from the shipyard.

Take Care
Jarrod
[color=0066FF]Jarrod David[/color][/b]

Offline Trucker001

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 03:59:33 PM »
 Ben Blue Puttees stopped in Pab for fuel before going to N Sydney and has been tied up there since... no one is saying how she handled the trip across and still has to go to st johns before entrering service to have handicap ramps installed..  so she will probably have to stop back in PaB for fuel before going to St Johns .. that trip is supposed to be around the end of the month first part of feb..

with the way this crowd managing MA now is they will do just that once in and say have at her...

Offline Gulfspan

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 09:28:30 PM »
Vision finally put to PaB at 600 Jan 18..shes just arrived in North Sydney 17:30

The Puttees was undergoing what appeared to be a test fit at regular dock..She was moored off ..then switched docks to let the Vision in

Based on what I saw though ..i know she was empty and ridding high..but this ship has some snot..very powerful

Offline Trucker001

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 04:43:06 AM »
 Looks like she will be tied up again as winds in wreckhouse are SE 100-120 kms for tonight and wednesday..

Offline Mooseeater

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 11:09:40 PM »
Check out the new site:

http://shuteyeferry.com/

Offline Trucker001

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 11:36:55 PM »
 that site reminds me of the shina twain song  "it dont impress me much" lol  they could have donee better designing the site  ...   In 08/09 MA was saying they had to dredge argenta so vision could get in/out of argentia and was why it was being used on the PAB run.. so all the sudden it is ok to go therer ??? what gives?

Offline Ben Mugford

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 01:28:42 AM »
They must have been dredging the harbour behind the scenes. They had to dredge Port Aux Basques when the Carson started running didn't they?
I always thought the problem with Argentia was the ferry terminal didn't have a ramp to the upper car deck. Is that still the case or has some of that money Marine Atlantic got gone into adding an upper ramp?
Buddy in the desk next to me at work had to go to Argentia today. I should have asked him to look and see what's on the go.
Camera: Nikon D90 w/ 18-105mm Lens

Offline newf

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 11:46:35 AM »
Blue puttees is making her first crossing NS to POB on Feb 22, 1030pm crossing

Offline Trucker001

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 01:53:22 PM »
when is blue puttees going to st johns for the wheelchair access to be installed?

Offline kasco

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 01:12:47 PM »
The Highlanders has moved from her berth. It would seem that the yard work is done and she would soon be going on trails.

One has to be impressed with the work done by the Lloyd Werft yard.

Kasco

Offline newf

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »
any new photo of her yet??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk