Author Topic: xVAS and grosstonnage.com  (Read 16307 times)

Offline Angelo Blasutta

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
xVAS and grosstonnage.com
« on: January 17, 2011, 10:03:12 AM »
dear friends,
I wish to inform you that xVAS, the vessel information system well known by lots of you, has been replaces by a new sys named "grosstonnage.com" a.k.a. "gt"
If you have a xVAS account, login to www.xvas.it as usual, the system will redirect you to the new one.
If you don't know xVAS (or gt), connect to www.grosstonnage.com and get a free trial.
gt (as xVAS) it's totally free for Shipspotters who grant me the permission to show their copyrighted photos.
So if you will be interested to gt, during the free trial period send an email to [email protected] with your permission and I will change your trial account to permanent.
kind regards
Angelo

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: xVAS and grosstonnage.com
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 04:36:13 PM »
Nothing wrong with the old site.
After using the site for years I have now given up trying to log onto xVAS after trying for weeks, all it does is say I am a 'unknown user'and does not link.

Even 'if' you can log on you state 'a trial period', is this now saying you have to pay::)
Mike

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

BobS

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 05:18:08 PM »
Mike
I think you can only get into grosstonnage.com if you submitted photographs to xVAS in the past.
I have many photos on there and still occasionally submit one. I use the site a lot and find it very useful. If you have submitted pics to xVAS, your username and password should get you into the new site.
Bob

Offline ChasB46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 05:29:18 PM »
I concur with Bob Scott. I even had an email from Angelo advising me to use my Xvas password to log into GT for free, as previous, so long as you supported Xvas by uploading photos.

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 07:27:58 PM »
Thanks for the advice gents, BUT, if I can not log on to xVAS then how do you think I can contact them!
Everything comes up 'Unknown'User,I have also submitted pictures to the site over the years.
I have just tried to e-mail them but to be honest have given up hope!
As a pensioner I am sure not paying to join again.

Mike  :(
Mike

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 07:42:51 PM »

Thanks Ken your a star!

Mike
Mike

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 09:40:56 PM »
I know Xvas since the beginning when he copied without permission from shispotting and he changed his business model in a win win situation also for us spotters.
But now he changed some things. In past you had to upload by yourself the photos now he has an automatic installed which uploads photos automatically from shipspotting.
For me this is not o.k.
Some days ago I uploaded ZIM San Diego here on shipspotting, only on shipspotting and what a surprise today I found my photo on his new website altough I haven't upload it on his  website.
For me it is important to whom I give my photos. I want to know where they are.
this was the reason to make a break in uploading, now I uploaded some photos and they come up on the wrong place.
---------not good-----------
I'm far away from the sea to Hamburg I have a longer distance as to Venice or Genova. My favorite is the Suez Canal, Panama Canal and since 2006 also Chinese harbours.

Offline stevo

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • http://www.stevo.be
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 10:06:55 PM »
Thanks for the advice gents, BUT, if I can not log on to xVAS then how do you think I can contact them!
Everything comes up 'Unknown'User,I have also submitted pictures to the site over the years.
I have just tried to e-mail them but to be honest have given up hope!
As a pensioner I am sure not paying to join again.

Mike  :(

send an email to [email protected]
Angelo

Offline Angelo Blasutta

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 11:54:27 AM »
Hi friends, I try to answer to you all.
grosstonnage.com rules are equal to xVAS rules: contributors have a free access.
If you have trouble to login, write me to [email protected] and I will answer you immediately as usual.
If you're already an xVAS user DON'T ASK FOR THE FREE TRIAL in grosstonnage.com
connect yourself to www.xvas.it, you will be redirect to grosstonnage.com
After, you will login to grosstonnage with the same user/password.

To Peter:
there are no "automatic" way, I visit shipspotting daily and when I find a picture missed by GT (or better) I save it and I load it to GT.
This, of course, only if the author is one of my contributors.
Contributors are people that kindly granted me the permission to show their photos with copyright into my sys, they can always see the list of pictures loaded in the page "photos".
I started to use this way with your photos the same day you mailed me your permission. Now you're angry. Why?

[email protected] for all questions

all the best Angelo

Offline Huug Pieterse

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shipspotters.nl
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 12:22:58 PM »
There is nothing wrong with Xvas now called GT. Beside just showing 1 image per ship is a good system it saves you from must have a look at a lot of bad pictures of that same ship.
Being a contributor from the start i must say it is a very usefull site.
Keep on going Angelo!
best regards
Huug - Bituma
www.shipspotters.nl

Offline John Jones

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 10:59:29 PM »
Yes I believe grosstonnage.com (former xVAS) is a useful resource for us enthusiasts and that Angelo now only takes images from this site belonging to people that have given him their express permission to do so. It wasn't the case in the early days but he listened to the feedback and changed things accordingly. Good work.
If you've given permission to use your images and are having trouble logging in just send him an email to the address provided in an earlier post. He will respond quickly and sort out your problem, allowing full access for free just as before. Can't say fairer than that.
Regards
John J.
Any views expressed in the forum are my own personal opinions and are not to be taken as those of members of the admin team or of the site owners.

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 04:42:29 PM »
Hi friends, I try to answer to you all.
grosstonnage.com rules are equal to xVAS rules: contributors have a free access.
If you have trouble to login, write me to [email protected] and I will answer you immediately as usual.[email protected] for all questions
all the best Angelo

Sent an e-mail to [email protected] about logging in on the 17/1/2011 and had no reply !
Not exactly an Immediate reply Angelo!
Ken is kindly also trying to help me

Mike

Mike

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 09:35:33 PM »
Hi Mike,
No problem, glad you have got it sorted.
Kind regards
Ken

Hi Ken
No I have not go anything sorted!, that was my point, after two days no reply or help from xVAS.
As I said before I have almost given up, shame it 'was' a good site.

Regards
Mike
Mike

Offline stevo

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • http://www.stevo.be
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 07:05:10 AM »
Hi Ken
No I have not go anything sorted!, that was my point, after two days no reply or help from xVAS.
As I said before I have almost given up, shame it 'was' a good site.

Regards
Mike

Hey Mike, due to some problems I got hospitalised yesterdaymorning.
Maybe same happened with admin of GT (Xvas) and is that the reason for no reply.

On all my emails or PM he answered back, so send him a reminder or give the guy some time.

grt Stevo

Offline ChasB46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 09:34:57 AM »
Mike, have you checked your junk mail box or have an over jealous spam filter on your email or ISP? I have always had a prompt reply from Angelo. None of my emails to him have been ignored, even for him only to say "thank you" to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk