Author Topic: Have you spotted a Maersk vessel?  (Read 6128 times)

Offline Sansep

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Have you spotted a Maersk vessel?
« on: December 08, 2010, 09:12:50 AM »
Ahoy Ship Spotters,

We

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Have you spotted a Maersk vessel?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 09:56:19 AM »
Sandra,

Can you please tell us more about your website? Who is behind it? Is it an official Maersk company project, or a hobbyist site set up by persons unconnected to Maersk?

Brgds
Phil

Offline Sansep

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 10:31:27 AM »
Hi Phil,

Yes, off course - it will be an official Maersk site, giving information about their fleet. It will show some great videos, give tech specs for all the different classes, live feed about the positioning of the vessels, have a compare section, where we will exemplify the size of the vessels compared to well known geographical icons among others. And starting in the new year we will also have a section about life as a seafarer and different aspects of that.

We will off course also show photographs of the vessels and for this you can never get enough :) And it is this we will invite you in for ...

But to answer your question short - it is a official Maersk site presenting their vessels.

Please ask again if you are in doubt!
Kind regards,
Sandra

Offline Sansep

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »
Phil ...

I have attached an early layout (which means it has changed a bit since) so you can see how it will look more or less. We believe it will be quite nice javascript:void(0);

Sandra

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 10:55:24 AM »
Thank you for your clarification Sandra, it's always good to know who people here are dealing with should they wish to contribute.

Brgds
Phil

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 10:24:25 PM »
Hello "Sansep" Sandra Septimius

Do I read right, that when talking about "we" you mean you, and your marketing company TRIPLE LBi A/S from Copenhagen area ???

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=53737376

I was just a bit courious, seeing you do not have a maersk-address and your post seemed to me (sorry, might be my lack of knowledge of English language) giving the appearance, that you are a Maersk-employee. Indeed, you are Account manager at TRIPLE LBI as I see.

OK, so - just to understand right you are working for this marketing-company, which is creating some new websites for Maersk ?

http://dk.linkedin.com/in/sandraseptimius

Never mind, just courious whom I'd give my photos !

Greetings from Switzerland,

Cornelia

Offline Hawkeye

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 12:35:56 AM »
Hi Sansep
Will you be including the entire Maersk fleet, including past ships? Also will the site be linked to past ships from the start of the company? And will you want photos of ex Maersk ships in the colours of their new owners?
I for one would be interested in theis site as I've been following the company myself, and taking a few photos myself.

Regards

Hawkeye

Offline Fergal Clohessy

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 09:17:33 AM »
rather rude and unnecessary I thought...

Hello "Sansep" Sandra Septimius

Do I read right, that when talking about "we" you mean you, and your marketing company TRIPLE LBi A/S from Copenhagen area ???

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=53737376

I was just a bit courious, seeing you do not have a maersk-address and your post seemed to me (sorry, might be my lack of knowledge of English language) giving the appearance, that you are a Maersk-employee. Indeed, you are Account manager at TRIPLE LBI as I see.

OK, so - just to understand right you are working for this marketing-company, which is creating some new websites for Maersk ?

http://dk.linkedin.com/in/sandraseptimius

Never mind, just courious whom I'd give my photos !

Greetings from Switzerland,

Cornelia

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 10:03:37 AM »
Hello "Fergal"

I think, I did not use any rude words, as far as I see (I have read my post again). As well it is for sure up to me, to decide what I find neccessary and what not !

So, I do not know, why you write this.

I simply wanted to point out, that initial post was not clear and giving the impression that "we" does mean Maersk-Line, and not pointing out the fact, that an agency, making websites for Maersk, is the one, asking for photos here.

There is nothing wrong with it, apart from the first post being a bit un-clear (at least to me) and so I simply went a bit further into it, and looking what the fact is.

As well, my photos may be used, if any of them are of interest. Always good to have people asking, instead of just stealing photos !

Hope, all is clear like a summer sky now

Cornelia

Offline Sansep

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 11:07:42 AM »
Hi Cornelia,

It wasn't my intention to give the impression that I am from Maersk. It is true that I work at the agency called TRIPLE LBi and we are situated in Copenhagen.

We work for - and together with - Maersk to create a vessel list for the fleet. It is at this point not for the historically vessels, but we hope it will be well received and that it will hopefully develop over the years. The list will contain info from different business units, where Maersk Line is off course a large part, but it will also contain Tankers, Drilling, FPSOs, LNG and Supply Service.

Thank you for letting us use your photos - it is very kind of you. It is not yet certain that we will need them at this point - but if so, I will get back to you so you know before hand.

Kind regards,
Sandra Septimius - account manager at TRIPLE LBi, Copenhagen  ;)

Offline Sansep

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 11:12:25 AM »
Hello everybody,

I'm overwhelmed with the help from all of you. I have received many mails stating we are able to use your photographs and it will definitely make the site greater when we launch.

There are so many great photos that we have not yet had time to look into them all and download the relevant ones. I will get back to everyone of you at some point within near future.

Please don't misunderstand the lack of reply as ingratitude  :)
Kind regards,
Sandra

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk