Author Topic: This might be of interest to south east UK spotters  (Read 3152 times)

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
This might be of interest to south east UK spotters
« on: November 19, 2010, 06:37:06 PM »

This might be of interest to south east UK spotters

I noticed that there were a couple of different tugs working Felixstowe the other day, the SVITZER HAVEN & SVITZER SKY both normally found in the Bristol Channel and South Wales, I'm also told that the SVITZER CALDEY has also been seen in the area.

And at Lowestoft, the 2010 built dredger UKD ORKA is working.

Regards

Bob

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: This might be of interest to south east UK spotters
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 05:42:40 PM »

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 05:34:45 PM »
All change at Felixstowe again.

SVITZER HAVEN & SVITZER CALDEY have returned to Milford Haven and they have been replaced with SVITZER KILROOM & SVITZER RAMSEY, also from Milford Haven.

I heard that these tugs are require to be there for a month to comform to certain agreements, does anyone know about this?

Regards

Bob

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 08:12:25 PM »
Hi Robert

We also heard up here on the Tyne the Svitzer Brenda from down your way (Sheerness I think) was going to be exchanged for our HT Blade as the 12 sec engine control delay for power is causing concern for both tug skippers and the local pilots when handling some of the type of shipping we get, especially the big car transporters.

Unfortunately for us the HT Blade is the best looking tug we have and the Svitzer Brenda will not improve the situation as she does not even have a funnel ::)

Mike
Mike

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk