Author Topic: Crown Princess  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Crown Princess
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:29:07 PM »
Hi All

I'm baffled by Crown Princess.  She departed Southampton this afternoon at 17:00hrs, with both Southampton VTS and her own AIS giving her destination as Reykjavik.   But she is heading south-west along the Channel.  

Is the captain lost.?  Is his Sat-Nav playing games ? Are there 2 Reykjaviks - perhaps a new one in the Med ???.   Or is everyone wrong, and she's actually on a Magical Mystery Tour !!!

Allan

Offline henrycourt

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Crown Princess
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 07:22:30 AM »
I would suggest that going either way for Reykjavik from Southampton would be feasible !!!!!! Crown Princess just rounded Lands End going North. I suspect the Master knows where he is going !! Rgds jw

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 09:05:37 AM »
Hi John

Clearly going the 'scenic' route, via the Isle of Man and West Coast of Scotland.

Allan

Offline David Harrison

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 08:53:02 PM »
Hi Allan    The the problem of cruising to northern ports from Southampton, they have to either go east or west then up the coast of Britain. As Reykyavik is west of Britain, the captain was going the right way. Anyway, the passengers had a great time naming the Scottish islands as they passed them.
regards Glencairn :-) :pint:

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 03:11:08 PM »
Hi Glencairn

You're probably right, but a bit of a bu**er for any shipspotters on board who would have missed all the channel traffic.

Allan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk