Author Topic: Norfolk Line/DFDS  (Read 4173 times)

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Norfolk Line/DFDS
« on: July 16, 2010, 01:20:14 PM »
Hi,

I've heard that the "Norfolk Line" ferries on the Dover/Dunkirk route are to get new livery to reflect their new DFDS ownership, I assume that their roro vessels will also follow suit.

I see from the latest photo of MAERSK DOVER that the process has started with her funnel colours beginning to be changed

http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/photo-1147030-MAERSK+DOVER

Not sure how long this photo will last because it has no information from the photographer but I would imagine that its entering Dunkirk within the last few days.

More visits for new photos them  :-D

Regards

Bob

Offline Anton Heuff

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fleetfilerotterdam.nl
Re: Norfolk Line/DFDS
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 04:19:26 PM »
Hi Bob,

the photo was made 7-7-2010 (embedded time stamp). As I see Thierey joined Shipspotting this month, and as he is French I wonder if he is able to read the site standard FAQ's. Could anybody who is fluent in French contact him before his portfolio is being deleted altogether? As far as I know English is not the official language of this site so he is free towrite a brief note with his pictures in French...

Reagrds,

Anton
[color=000000]Anton Heuff[/color]

Offline CedricH

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »
Hi,

more detailed information and pictures about the new livery and transition can be found on the Dover Ferry Photos Forum (registration required):
http://www.doverferryphotosforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=159

Regards
Cedric
Photo admin for the Passenger Vessels, RO/RO, Ship Interiors and Vehicle Carriers categories

Bob Scott

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 12:03:20 AM »
Hopefully, DFDS will make a better job of running the Dover-Dunkerque ferries than they did with the Newcastle-Stavanger route that they took-over and then closed or - to go a bit further back in time - the Harwich-Germany (Hamburg/Bremen and, later, Cuxhaven) routes they took over from Prinz Line - and subsequently closed.
To me - as a ferry-user - takeover by DFDS has been the kiss-of-death for several of the routes  that I have found most useful. (The Harwich-Hamburg route was great for shipspotting ,ship-photography and for getting to Germany without a long drive from Calais but, like the Stavanger route, was very expensive for British passengers).
On-board prices on the Newcastle-Stavanger/Bergen route were little short of unbelievable. They were cheap for Norwegians but out-of-this-world expensive for Brits. This is despite the fact that, in the UK, they had a possible clientele of 61 million people, compared to Norway

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 04:52:01 PM »
Thanks Cedric.

I registered with the Dover website and saw the "make over" photos, I think I prefer the white hulled version over the dark blue but I dont think you will beat the Maersk blue that they are at the moment.

Regards

Bob

Offline CedricH

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 02:24:31 PM »
Hi,

I think the blue will be similar to the blue of the current DFDS Tor Line livery, which looks quite smart so we'll have to see how the finished product will look like. This new dark blue hull could solve the rust problems the Dover - Dunkerque ships had with the lighter Maersk colours. These ships often looked rusty and badly maintained to my eyes.

However, I don't think that it will beat the white DFDS Seaways livery currently worn by the Newcastle - IJmuiden and Copenhagen - Oslo ships. Certainly these cruise ferries will look a bit "cheaper" now.

Regards
Cedric
Photo admin for the Passenger Vessels, RO/RO, Ship Interiors and Vehicle Carriers categories

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 05:29:26 PM »
Photos of the ex: MAERSK DUNKERQUE as DUNKERQUE SEAWAYS can be found on the above wesite.

Regards

Bob

Offline Edward B. Davis

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 09:54:21 PM »
MAERSK IMPORTER currently in dry dock at Birkenhead for refit/repaint.  According to vessel's own AIS has been/will be renamed HIBERNIA SEAWAYS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk