Author Topic: Cruise ship "Astor" Run aground in port of Copenhagen  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Morten

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Cruise ship "Astor" Run aground in port of Copenhagen
« on: May 15, 2009, 05:47:01 PM »
Only six days after the cruise ship "Zenith" ran aground shortly after leaving the port of copenhagen, the Panamanian cruise ship, Astor, carrying 600 passengers have run aground during manouvering inside the port.
According to danish news, the ship was trying to manouver away from the Langelinie quay when it ran aground just beside the Little Mermaid.

The ship is still sitting on the ground, about 6 meters from the quay, and are awaiting assistance from harbour tugs. There haven't been any reports of structural damage to the ship, but danish police have said that the ship will not be allowed to leave the port until divers have checked the hull for damage.

*** EDIT: Seems my news sources got the name wrong, It was the Astor, not "Artos", sorry! ***

Offline mooringman

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: Cruise ship "Artos" Run aground in port of Copenhagen
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 07:32:09 PM »
Was the vessel with pilot or without pilot?Which draft?

Offline itsfoto

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 08:28:38 PM »
deleted

Offline Morten

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:18:38 PM »
Yeah... It seems the news found that out too... But when I saw it, they were all reporting that it was the "Artos". Best thing is, they had a picture of the ship, on the ground with the name "ASTOR" in huge letters down the side, but they still referred to it as the "artos"! I'll update the name once away!

The danish news report that the captain grounded the vessel while trying to back away from the pier  - but I don't know how much you can trust those sources!

Mooringman - no info on pilot, sorry! But I'm pretty sure that they were carrying a pilot! I seriously doubt that a Ukranian captain has an exemption certificate to the port of Copenhagen!

Offline mooringman

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 08:38:15 AM »
ty again for the info.i checked out the AIS yesterday evening and saw only the "Astor"in Copenhagen and was already wondering.Her draft was 6,6m as far as i remember.She should have a pilot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk