Author Topic: Hurtigruten-ferry Richard With evacuated in Trondheim  (Read 3098 times)

Offline Timsen

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Hurtigruten-ferry Richard With evacuated in Trondheim
« on: January 06, 2009, 08:43:40 AM »
on Jan 6 at 8 a.m. the Norwegian Hurtigruten-ferry "Richard With" ran aground off pier 2 at Trondheim while entering port. The ship suffered damage at the starboard propeller and water ingress at the propeller shaft. The situation could be controlled with the help of dewatering pumps, but as a precaution the captain decided that the 153 passengers should be evacuated. The rescue boat "Uni" was called in order to assist in the evacuation as well as the fire rescue which helped the passengers via a port in the sarboard side onto the adjacent quay where the ferry was stuck with ladders. For 100 of them a flight to V

Offline Stefan Niederer

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Hurtigruten-ferry Richard With evacuated in Trondheim
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 05:05:02 PM »
Sad to hear, thanks for the information.
Here are some pics from the NRK.no website.
Rescue from Richard With.
Stefan

Offline Stuart Lilly

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 08:24:56 PM »
Would any know whether the Richard With has a pilotage exemption in the port of Trondheim?

Thank you in advance

Offline Stefan Niederer

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 08:31:55 PM »
I think the hurtigruten ships don't need a pilot to any ports on there homeroute along the norwegian coast. Also not for Trondheim. I never saw a pilot going on board either. Would be a little dificult with all the 34 ports in 11 days, hehe.

Stefan

Edit: And I think, when a captain visits a port about 60 times a year it's not needed anymore. I know that the MS Nordnorge had pilots on her route in Chile, Argentina and Antarctica for sure. But not in her "norwegian homeports".

Offline Stuart Lilly

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 08:51:24 PM »
Thanks.
This is standard practice elsewhere and makes sense in Norway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk