Author Topic: Titan 3 next Tyne sailing puzzle?  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Titan 3 next Tyne sailing puzzle?
« on: November 03, 2008, 05:01:20 PM »
I see we have the Titan 3 sailing from Swans on this Friday the 7th Nov(estimated) But what is Titan 3 there was nothing there on Sunday only the 'Maria' and she has sailed already.
The floating Titan crane II is currently  loaded and secured aboard the old floating Swans dock now the FD Bhurati (see uploaded picture today) together with other crane sections and it is quite a load now.

Any comments from our insider team!

Regards
Mike  8-)
Mike

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

Re: Titan 3 next Tyne sailing puzzle?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 05:58:13 PM »

Tynesider wrote:
I see we have the Titan 3 sailing from Swans on this Friday the 7th Nov(estimated) But what is Titan 3 there was nothing there on Sunday only the 'Maria' and she has sailed already.
The floating Titan crane II is currently  loaded and secured aboard the old floating Swans dock now the FD Bhurati (see uploaded picture today) together with other crane sections and it is quite a load now.

Any comments from our insider team!

Regards
Mike  

Hi Mike

Both Titan III and Swans Floating Dock are quite often scheduled as a EST. Last I heard was that the Heavy Lift FJORD (the one that brought Ice Maiden 1) was to return in the last 1/4 of the year to lift the Dock and contents.
Last sighting of FJORD via AIS was off Taiwan - 14/10/08.

This from the Fairstar web site on the Fjords whereabouts:
FJORD now underway to Angola
October 15, 2008

The Fjord is now en route to Angola fully loaded with two modules.  The ship is expected to arrive in Angola in the month of November.

My guess is that the entry on the PTA Schedules is purely procedural and wont be effective. Of course nothing more would be please me if I am wrong and she does go out this week, but somehow I doubt it  :lol:

Just noticed that the Remember Swan Hunter web site is claiming a 15th December 2008 inbound submersible.

Regards

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 07:29:22 PM »
Port of Tyne Authority now has 'Swan Hunters Drydock' (now the 'FD Bhurati') down again for sailing on the November 20th (estimated).
Anyone seen any ocean going tugs heading this way or Semi Submercibles?

Mike 8-)
Mike

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 05:30:57 PM »
Code: [Select]
The Fjord is now en route to Angola fully loaded with two modules. The ship is expected to arrive in Angola in the month of November

FJORD called Cape Town, Okpo for Angola, on 10 Nov.
Due Angola (which port?) 16 Nov.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk