Author Topic: QE2 Last visit to the Tyne !  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
QE2 Last visit to the Tyne !
« on: September 13, 2008, 08:02:13 PM »
For our North East members who may not know and just love getting up early in the morning the QE2 is again due into the Tyne on October 8th at present at 05.00.(may change)
She as last time will be berthing at Northumberland Quay.
Strange thing is low water on the 8th is 01.22 and high water is 07.55
This is most certainly amongst her last UK visits before she goes out to the middle east for good.
I only hope for you photograghers the weather is better than the last time she came.
Mike   :-)
Mike

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

Offline john dunn

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/dunn.john39
Re: QE2 Last visit to the Tyne !
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 09:14:24 PM »
hi there yes i will try and get some photos i miss the last time it came hopefully it will be a bit later will keep a watch on here to see if any more news  :lol:

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 11:00:13 PM »

Tynesider wrote:
For our North East members who may not know and just love getting up early in the morning the QE2 is again due into the Tyne on October 8th at present at 05.00.(may change)
She as last time will be berthing at Northumberland Quay.
Strange thing is low water on the 8th is 01.22 and high water is 07.55
This is most certainly amongst her last UK visits before she goes out to the middle east for good.
I only hope for you photograghers the weather is better than the last time she came.
Mike  

Hi Mike

Oddly enough the Newcastle Evening Chronicle of Thursday had a piece which said the arrival was 'mid morning' and that she will leave a 22.00 with a firework display to say goodbye. That said, when I booked onto the 'breakfast cruise' down the Tyne with River Escapes to see the QE2 berthed they confirmed that their information was for a very early morning arrival, i.e. in the dark and definitely not photographic lighting conditions  :-o
Still it has to remembered that the visit is for the passengers and not us spectators, so they will be wanting to be in port for as long as possible.

Regards

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »
Hi Steve
My best guess is she will come in on a 'rising tide' so looking at the tides early morning will be about right!
Mid morning docking would be coming up to 'low water' and as you well know most of the cruise ships dock early mornings!

Regards
Mike :-)
Mike

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

Offline David Harrison

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 08:27:32 PM »
October's issue of Ships Monthly (ports of call) says QE2 will arrive 1030, depart 2200.
regards Glencairn :-) :pint:

Offline BEVERLEY MCBRIDE

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 05:19:10 PM »
Hello...can anyone help please. I am due to meet my father off the QE2 on Wednesday ( he is a piano player on board) and need exact driving directions to get to her ( and him). We are due to have a tour of the ship etc so I don't want to be wasting time and all I know is I need to be looking for Northumberland Quay???!!!

Any help is greatly appreciated....THANKS!!! :-)

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 05:20:35 PM »

fizzyfrog wrote:
Hello...can anyone help please. I am due to meet my father off the QE2 on Wednesday ( he is a piano player on board) and need exact driving directions to get to her ( and him). We are due to have a tour of the ship etc so I don't want to be wasting time and all I know is I need to be looking for Northumberland Quay???!!!

Any help is greatly appreciated....THANKS!!!

Hi frizzyfrog

Which direction will you be coming from?

Regards

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 05:24:06 PM »
Hi Frizyfrog

On second thoughts - here is the guidance/map to get to the DFDS Terminal - I assume that your Father will be coming through security into the Terminal Building - if not - look at the map and the Northumbria Quay is at the end of Coble Dene.

Here's the link to the map http://tinyurl.com/4nyw8l

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk