Author Topic: Tyne to India  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Tyne to India
« on: August 31, 2008, 08:09:42 PM »
I noticed the Swan Hunter floating dock is down to depart the Tyne this week on the 7th on the PTO expected shipping.
Passed the dock last weekend with the old Titan II crane inside of it and the bases of the big 'Pink' cranes and other crane parts.(see uploaded picture on this site)
What the PTA does not say is how it is going, Towed or as reported some time ago by Semi Submercible barge!
It's a case of what this space at present!
Mike :-)  :-)
Mike

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

Re: Tyne to India
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 08:20:01 PM »

Tynesider wrote:
I noticed the Swan Hunter floating dock is down to depart the Tyne this week on the 7th on the PTO expected shipping.
Passed the dock last weekend with the old Titan II crane inside of it and the bases of the big 'Pink' cranes and other crane parts.(see uploaded picture on this site)
What the PTA does not say is how it is going, Towed or as reported some time ago by Semi Submercible barge!
It's a case of what this space at present!
Mike  

Hi Mike

My understanding is that the Fjord will be returning to pick the Floating Dock up and sail to India - that was from the horses mouth, or in others words the Managers of Fjord when I asked them a while ago  :-o

I see she has a 00:00 EST - I suspect that she in the schedules just as a matter of procedure - i.e. adding her so that we all know she is still on the Tyne.

I'm sure the Fjord job was due in the last 1/4 of the year so September is the opening of that 'window'.

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk