Author Topic: Model survey ship  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Mark Wilkes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Model survey ship
« on: September 20, 2008, 01:31:36 PM »
hi there, first post here, normally I frequent RC Groups but I have come here to do some probing to get some info for some of the models I am building, so I may as well show off current work in progress.

She needs some work on her superstructure paint work but that will be done last.

This is Nord Icelandia, a model semi-scale research ship based on the hull of an offshore support ship,  she is due to have her navigation lights installed when they arrive, along with her status lights on her mast that will show her to be restricted in her ability to manouvre, (red white red all round's i think, perhaps someone can confirm this), on her stern plate she will have her name and port of registry, which in her case is to be Dutch Harbor, Alasaka.

Here's a question for y'all, has anyone got any info on the placement of the IMO numbers on a scientific ship, particularly size of it, as she's somewhere between 1/87th scale and 1/96th scale.

I keep getting internal server errors on the IMO website, so I cant get any information on a usable IMO number, which I intend to be 2501 11 8(user handle, November, 2008 the November 2008 pertaining to the month and year of launch)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2051974

Re: Model survey ship
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 02:08:10 PM »
Hi Ghostie

This is how you embed a photograph into a Forum Message Posting:

Click on the icon third from the left above the message pane - looks like a postage stamp with a face on it. Insert the link to where the photograph is - i.e. it has to be somewhere available via the web. Then choose where you want the photograph aligned.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Steve

Offline Mark Wilkes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »
red x syndrome on your post when viewed on my PC.  just what I got when using rcgroups, thanks Ellwood, I think I may have to re-host that pic elsewhere

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 02:25:48 PM »

Ghost2501 wrote:
red x syndrome on your post when viewed on my PC.  just what I got when using rcgroups, thanks Ellwood, I think I may have to re-host that pic elsewhere

Hi Ghostie

I wonder if this has something to do with the type of browser that you are using - the site works best with Firefox (Mozilla) or Safari.

Perhaps someone else can confirm that they can see the embedded image?

Regards

Offline Mark Wilkes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »
hi Steve, I use I.E7 as the PC doesnt get on with firefox.  

with the updated link that takes you to the page, it seems to get there.  odd that, ho de hum, having clicked the original link I got an error 403 so it may actually be rc groups site having an embed lock on, I wander if photobucket works  :idea:  :idea:

Offline Mark Wilkes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 02:59:20 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk