Author Topic: Equasis?  (Read 5815 times)

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Equasis?
« on: November 24, 2009, 02:43:33 PM »
The new version of Equasis requires a new registration of each user, using an e-mail-adress. However I never pass the last field, with the five characters (accordingly to Equasis tech assist in UPPERCASE without space).
Do other members have the same problem and did someone completed the registration succesfully?

Offline portagent

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?uid=3218
Re: Equasis?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 02:46:45 PM »
.. have the same problem: no access (for the time being)
dead slow ahead !  :-)
best regards, Klaus

Offline Bj

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 02:54:58 PM »
Hello
When I log on Equasis,I use my E-mail adr. + my old password without new registration, and it works for me.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »

pm_inpyn wrote:
The new version of Equasis requires a new registration of each user, using an e-mail-adress. However I never pass the last field, with the five characters (accordingly to Equasis tech assist in UPPERCASE without space).
Do other members have the same problem and did someone completed the registration succesfully?

When you click into the Password Box, press your backspace button and then input your password - this worked for me.

I'm back to Equasis after losing one of the 'benefits' we had under the former regime, i.e. my free subscription to Sea Web has run out!

Regards

Offline henrycourt

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 04:47:49 PM »
I'm just like Knudde.   It works O.K. for me as well  RGDS..

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 07:22:36 PM »
I couldn't remember my original password so I just re-registered, no problem.

Regards

Bob

Offline Anton Heuff

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fleetfilerotterdam.nl
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 08:59:36 PM »
Hi all,

A new registration is not required, it is only suggested in case you encounter difficulties. My old password works OK, but my Firefox browser sticks to the old user name! I now use my Opera browser to visit the Equasis site. I can recommend a visit for a quick inspection of certain changes. The records have been augmented with information since when the data in an individual field apply, like so: "Status of ship : In Service/Commission (since 29-06-2005)".  And contrary to what they say: "Equasis only shows ships in service", you will encounter ships which have been demolished, with the date or year, like so: "Status of ship : Broken Up (since 08-08-2002)". I'm now busy checking on a number of "long time no see" oldies, and yes, one of them was broken up a few months ago.

Regards, Anton
[color=000000]Anton Heuff[/color]

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 10:48:58 PM »
Works for me too.
Kelvin

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 11:17:16 PM »
I was wondering what people think of the new look Equasis?
Personally, I preferred the old version which had more detail in the History section.
Also, I have noticed some ships are missing from their database.
I was looking for CMA CGM Don Giovanni and it is not listed. I thought I may have the spelling slightly wrong so I searched on the IMO number (9305506) and that too is not listed. A couple of days ago I found one or two other fairly modern container ships aso missing.
Incidentally Anton, if you are still having trouble with Firefox, try this.
Clear cache & cookies etc. Then open Tools; Options then Saved Options. Delete the entry for Equasis from the list of saved passwords then log in again. You should get Firefox asking if you want to save the password.
Kelvin

Offline Glenn Towler

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 08:22:23 AM »
I have had only one drama and that was after I re-registered it wouldn't accept my password.  I have reset my password now and just using their dummy one and it works fine for me.

I am like Ellwood using it a lot now my LRF subscription has run out, I have a Seaweb subscription but I don't fing Seaweb very user friendly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk