Author Topic: Alexander von Humboldt & A.v.H. II  (Read 2320 times)

Offline Oliver Sesemann

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Alexander von Humboldt & A.v.H. II
« on: April 03, 2008, 11:02:58 AM »
Dear all,
I am confused - could anyone enlighten me, please ;)
Putting together cruise ship call lists for ports in northern Germany for the upcoming summer season, I have come across the problem that some ports obviously don't know which ships they will play host to this summer. The pictures published of the Alexander von Humboldt are showing the vessel which, to my knowledge, now is the Explorer II (IMO 9144196). Researching into this topic I have found a picture of a vessel looking like the former Crown Monarch (-94, Nautican -96, Walrus - 07, Jules Verne -today?), IMO 8709573, but sporting the name Alexander von Humboldt at her bow. http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=607042
As far as I know this ship is currently at Bremerhaven's Lloyd Werft. Will the new Alexander von Humboldt be the original Crown Monarch?
Looking forward to your comments.
Best wishes,
Oliver Sesemann.

Offline Ben Backstay

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander von Humboldt & A.v.H. II
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 02:26:40 PM »
The Alexander von Humboldt 11 is infact the ex Crown Monarch and will be calling in at Harwich on Thursday 8th May.
Have a look at this link Cruise Community, it is how I found out the answer to this question.
Hope this helps.

There is also a feature in the following website about the cruise ships visiting Harwich in 2008.
Visit the forum section, click on "Cruise news", and then "meet the fleet for 2008"

Offline Oliver Sesemann

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander von Humboldt & A.v.H. II
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »
Thanx a lot - much appreciated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk