Author Topic: Trip reports  (Read 34516 times)

Offline Tarby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Trip reports
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 07:17:07 PM »
Hope this is the right place to put this. Hopefully planning trip to Kiel Canal later this year (wife agreement permitting).  Any help in just where to go/stay. Best places to view from etc. Wouldn't want to waste time as this might be short.  Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:29:58 AM by Tarby »

Offline Alex

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 09:20:00 AM »
What kind of information? Engine or Deck? I was doing 2.5 months trip as 2nd Engineer.

Offline zenevaden

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • seo expert
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 11:36:37 AM »
Great! journey. I am just planing to go there.

Offline chiangalice

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Juicer
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 10:49:42 AM »
Fantastic indeed. Makes me want to go there. Maybe I should really consider it this year...

Offline Alfonsoiner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 07:08:53 AM »
Joined Exmoor Mv then went to Antwerp in Gdynia in Poland to load sacks of cement to Iran. He had a good time in Poland because the black market exchange rate of dollar and pound.

Sailing around the Bay and anchored Shaapour Bandar. Not realize that there will be there for 4 months. Ran many stores have to ask other ships. After the 18th anniversary of me, we can still get drinks for celabrate. Also spend Christmas, but I do not remember, all this happened in 1976-77.
Only then were the ships that dock there persumed Russian weapons, etc.
Not one of my favorite places in the world. Leaving the ship in Iran once the ship was anchored, and then discovered that the ship went to Singapore for dry dock and then we are truly the worst of the deal.    :-*

Offline RadioactivAlien

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 06:00:35 PM »
I have been training as a deck cadet from 2007 to 2011 on general cargo ships. I have traveled all over the world as a result and have literally circumnavigated the globe. The single most majestic thing I have ever seen was when I was when I was on board Steffi C taking Petecoke from Buenos Aires in Argentina to Malaysia around mid December 2010. On our way, a few days out from taking fuel in Durban South Africa, while I was painting the hatch cover I saw a 'Southern Right Whale' jump out from the water and smash back into the sea again. The sight was incredible and the noise of all that blubber smashing off the sea will never be forgotten. It was roughly only 4 cables out and appeared to be heading roughly towards Southern Argentina. It was such an honor to have seen and heard this rare majestic whale and it will remain with me for the rest of my life. Happy sailing and good watch!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk