Author Topic: MSC India accident - 2 Dead*  (Read 5623 times)

Offline devva

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • http://-
MSC India accident - 2 Dead*
« on: January 09, 2008, 04:37:56 PM »
According to Swedish news, the MCS India suffered a fatal accident today during a life-boat drill outside the Swedish island
// Daniel

Offline Nathan

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: MSC India accident - 1 Dead
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 04:47:09 PM »
What a mess up!
As the others stated, its another fatalitiy during a drill designed to save lives, can you translate the report? Maybe it may say what cause the inccdent. - Nathan

Offline Chris Allport

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 05:50:33 PM »
It's a sad fact that far more seafaeres are lost through accidents whilst conducting drills with lifeboats than are saved by them. This is another incident which adds to that tragic total.

Chris Allport

Offline Andrew McAlpine

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 06:16:20 PM »
Chris you are quite right there are alot of deaths & injuries caused by life boat drills, there is a big initiative within the industry at the moment to try and make them safer.

very sad to hear of another death.

Andrew

Offline henrycourt

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 06:44:24 PM »
Nathan, I think your posting might be a little insensitive, perhaps a little more thought might be put in before a posting concerning  a similar situation !!! I didn't realise people were strapped in when taking part in lifeboat drill or at any other time. Rgds, jw.

Offline Nathan

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 07:31:49 PM »
Hi 'henrtycourt' i didnt mean to come arcoss in such a manner, i have changed the post. Kind Regards - Nathan

Offline devva

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • http://-
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 09:51:39 PM »
It seems that one more of the unfortunate crewmembers of the MSC India have passed away from the injuries sustained from the fall. The third is still at the ICU at the Blekinge Hospital.
Weather at the time was winds of 10 meters / second and high seas it said, i cant understand why you would have a life-boat drill in thoes conditions, but i also guess it was to make it feel a bit more realistic, and unfortunatlt it resulted in this tragic accident.
The three crewmembers were from India and Pakistan, no ratio mentioned.
A sad day indeed when this happenes, can only hope it resulsts in more safe use of machinery and more maintenaince so we dont have to see this happen again.
// Daniel

Offline matthew

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: MSC India accident - 2 Dead*
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 03:06:27 AM »
sad news,maybe maintenance/crew training? may have played apart in it?also in  bad weather for  lifeboat drill  .as i use to visit the ex iron flinders  now oel express that is a sister  class of msc india.i hope shipping company's  now will  make more notes on maintaining there ships and accidents like this wont happen.sounds like the falls gave away or the boat davits did?feel sorry for the guys  who have gone?thats my thoughts cheers matt

Offline naiv

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 08:41:05 PM »
Life boat hooks a danger to life

Gard holds industry-wide seminar on the issues surrounding

Offline Tim

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 10:14:01 PM »
A tragedy, another tragedy involving lifeboats. I have sympathy for the families and the crew onboard. I wrote a blog article about the incident....http://timstimes.net/2008/01/11/lifeboat-deaths/

all the best, Tim
Tim

Offline sib_01

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 08:41:53 AM »
It is so sad such type of incidents happen. i dont belong to this ship community but in this accident i lost my dearest freind from pakistan Syed Afsar hussein Akbar. he was planning to come back from the ship by 15 jan we had a chat in december where he told me to search for a car so that when he comes back he can use it. the saddest part is he had a daughter of 6 months who will never see him again and wife who was waiting for him to be back and enjoy.
i can understand accidents can happen any where and any time. but losing such friend is a greatest lose of my life. MAY Allah rest his soul in peace and give patience to his family. i would request that the athouritys that a life cannot be compensated but then also he must be compensated because he gave live in the line of duties.
one more thing can any one give the actual detail what had haapend at [email protected].

i will be obliged

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk