Author Topic: 14 missing crewmembers of m/v "Mia" probably eaten by sharks  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Timsen

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
14 missing crewmembers of m/v "Mia" probably eaten by sharks
« on: October 04, 2007, 09:48:52 AM »
There is little hope for 14 sailors missing from the sunken cargo m/v "Mia" which went down off Cebu on Sep 28. The survivors, the Chief mate, 2 oilers and an apprentice will be brought home to Cebu once they are discharged from the hospital. They were rescued by the crew of the passing f/v "Alester", owned by Irma Fishing Corp. The "Mia" capsized off Cabile Island, about 20 miles off Tubbataha Reef in Palawan. The "Mia", 426 gt, had left San Fernando, Cebu Sept. 27 carrying 880 metric tons (about 22,000 bags) of cement from Taiheiyo Cement Phils. Inc. The cargo was to be delivered to EEI Engineering Equipment at Brooke

Offline Nathan

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 14 missing crewmembers of m/v "Mia" probably eaten by sharks
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 03:03:13 PM »
How unfortunate, im suprised it didnt ring any alarm bells staight away! Its a shame there is little hope, but i doubt, all 14 of them have been 'eaten'

Offline Matt Ruscher

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 04:06:44 PM »
PLEASE COMMENT, RATE or better yet Email or IM me to discuss anything about ships, always looking to make new friends and improve my pictures  :-D ......

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 05:06:21 PM »
The 426-ton Mia, registered to the JPS Shipping Lines, was carrying 880 metric tons of cement....................

Senior Supt. Dennis Pena, Palawan police director, said the investigation is now focused on the possibility that the sunken cargo ship was overloaded..................

According to these statements I don't believe it's the "Mia" shown on the picture. This ship has a DW of 2207 to.

http://www.e-ships.net/index/M10.shtml
IMO 7028453

Former names: Gertrud Bos, Zepforwarder, Bell Champion, Zepforwarder, Coueron, Mistelle, Miss Annie, Miss Elly, Hafra, Nour Allah, Feeder B, Feeder Trader, Blue Feeder

Krgds
Juergen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk