Author Topic: Does anyone know which containers are coming back  (Read 1591 times)

Offline charnelle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Does anyone know which containers are coming back
« on: March 15, 2007, 06:27:01 PM »
I to had a few goodies on that ship.  Does anyone have record of how I could find out if container 24 managed to get out alive.  Is there a tracking method or something.  Does anyone know which containers got lost?

Offline Hawkeye

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone know which containers are coming back
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
Hi Charnelle

I take it you are talking about the MSC Napoli. All the containers on any ship are usually logged, so people concerned know each container is onboard (they have a unique number), what's in the container (this has to be declared by the shipper, especially reguarding dangerous goods), and where on the ship it was stowed (ships stowage plan).
Therefore, looking at the ship as she lays, they can see which containers may be missing.(e.g. the one from the number one hatch cover, etc). They can also get the number of the container from the ones that were washed ashore.
MSC have a tracking service, but without going into it, i'm not sure if the MSC Napoli is still on it, (it doesn't need to be, everyone in the world knows where she is).
The other thing to consider is the rules for objects washed ashore. People finding such items have to report them to the police or coastguard. Many looters (loosely worded) may not have done this. Remember media reports state that some came from afar afield as Manchester, with large white vans.
If you haven't got the MSC tracking device, try this site:
http://www.mscgva.ch/tracking/tracking_login.html

The story of the MSC Napoli has been followed on this site by its various members. Their are several threads on this site concerning this vessel. You can also follow the news on the MSC's own site. If you type the name of the ship into the search box, they will all be listed, like this one: http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=ASC&topic_id=2657&forum=2

I hope you get your goodies back

Regards
Karl
 :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk