Author Topic: hanjin shipping news  (Read 2574 times)

Offline robert etchell

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
hanjin shipping news
« on: October 13, 2006, 01:58:10 AM »
the news about hanjin shiping was informintive. hanjin shipping line is my favortie shipping line i have alot photos of  there cointaner ships that have called the port of vancouver and one i took in san fransicsco the HANJIN SHANGHAI. hnajin ships all have good nameing system wre they name all there ships bulker and coinater ships with place names. i like that having ships with hanjin prefix with place names of there ships so as ship photographer i can keep track of what hanjin ships i have in my colection. i know that there cape size bulkers have names after coal mines . liKe HANJIN HAYPOINT, HANIN DAMPIER and HANJIN ROBERTS BANK wich was named after our coal terminal south of vancouver wich is outside our harbour. aslo hanjin ships all have on side of there ships hanjin in big letters that looks neet too does any one like hanjin ships too .

robert

Offline David Duggan

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • http://ship_shore2003@yahoo.com.au
Re: hanjin shipping news
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 01:30:44 AM »
Hi again Robert,
Re the Hanjin naming system...rather than the mines, the vessels are actually named after the (mostly) Export Ports.
For example the largest..H-- DAMPIER and H--GLADSTONE are named after the huge Iron Ore Export port on the NW Coast of West Australia and the very busy Coal Export center in Central Queensland.
Similarly, the H--CAPETOWN, MADRAS and HAY POINT trio are named after Coal Export Ports. Hay Point is Australia's largest port by tonnage and includes the adjacent Dalrymple Bay coal loader. Both are situated about 45/50k south of the city of Mackay in North Queensland.
Today(Sunday) there are about 26 ships either loading, or at anchor waiting to berth!!
I stand corrected on this but I believe this complex is the largest Coal Export Terminal in the World!
Hope this info is of value.
Regards,
David D. :-)  :-)
8-)

Offline David Duggan

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • http://ship_shore2003@yahoo.com.au
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 01:31:24 AM »
Hi again Robert,
Re the Hanjin naming system...rather than the mines, the vessels are actually named after the (mostly) Export Ports.
For example the largest..H-- DAMPIER and H--GLADSTONE are named after the huge Iron Ore Export port on the NW Coast of West Australia and the very busy Coal Export center in Central Queensland.
Similarly, the H--CAPETOWN, MADRAS and HAY POINT trio are named after Coal Export Ports. Hay Point is Australia's largest port by tonnage and includes the adjacent Dalrymple Bay coal loader. Both are situated about 45/50k south of the city of Mackay in North Queensland.
Today(Sunday) there are about 26 ships either loading, or at anchor waiting to berth!!
I stand corrected on this but I believe this complex is the largest Coal Export Terminal in the World!
Hope this info is of value.
Regards,
David D. :-)  :-)
8-)

Offline robert etchell

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 02:15:14 AM »
thanks for that info david that info is very informinive so i wil know that when i see any of hanjin cape size bulkers then i know where that name came from. since you are on the sunshine coast of austrila here west coast of canada we have a coast north of vancouver called the sunshine coast. it is major travel destion here in the province of british columbia there are towns on the sunshine coast and inlets i just thought that would be neet to metion that thanks agian

robert

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk