Author Topic: GAME: SHIP DESTROYS BRIDGE  (Read 904 times)

Offline Mafioso

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
GAME: SHIP DESTROYS BRIDGE
« on: April 07, 2024, 11:07:16 AM »
Thanks to the poor ship DALI (IMO 9697428)

MV Dali is a 91,128 gross tonnage container ship, completed in 2015 by Hyundai Heavy Industries, South Korea, for Oceanbulk Container Management of Greece.

In 2016, the vessel was sold to Grace Ocean Pte Ltd. to be managed and operated by Synergy Marine Group, Singapore, where it was also registered.

On March 26, 2024, the ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, Maryland, USA, causing catastrophic structural failure of the bridge resulting in at least 6 fatalities.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 03:48:10 PM by Aleksi Lindström »

Offline Mafioso

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: GAME SHIP DESTROYS BRIDGE
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 11:18:50 AM »
Many ships destroyed bridges

This game consists of naming ships that destroyed bridges.

The DALI (IMO 9697428) that one is already

Here you name the ship, the bridge it destroyed.

To search I think there must be many

Offline Aleksi Lindström

• Vice Webmaster
  • Top Poster
  • Never give up!
    • View Profile
    • My photos on Shipspotting.com
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 11:25:38 AM »
Tjörnbron in Sweden was rammed and destroyed by the bulker STAR CLIPPER, IMO 6826200, on January 18, 1980:

http://www.tugboatlars.se/Tjornbron.htm

Offline Mafioso

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2024, 12:21:41 PM »
WOW Aleksi Lindström

MS Star Clipper (IMO 6826200) was a Norwegian-owned bulk carrier built by Kockums in Malmö, Sweden in 1968. In 1981 she was sold and her name changed to Star Lanao. She was scrapped in India in 1986.

She is best known for causing the Almö Bridge disaster on 18 January 1980 when sailing into Uddevalla, Sweden, in bad weather.

Offline Manfred

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 12:24:58 PM »
Sunshine Skyway Bridge across Tampa Bay, Florida in 1980:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gfgJgYaMyA
'Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then'

Offline Mafioso

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2024, 12:35:22 PM »
Amigo @Manfred but what is the ship?
Name of vessel?

Offline Manfred

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
'Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then'

Offline Mafioso

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2024, 01:24:22 PM »
Dude @Manfred that's what I was asking for.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

And I bring this:

SUMMIT VENTURE (IMO7518915)

The MV Summit Venture was a bulk carrier which collided with the Sunshine Skyway Bridge in 1980, causing a partial collapse of the bridge which killed 35 people

Offline Mafioso

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: GAME: SHIP DESTROYS BRIDGE
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 06:48:58 AM »
HELAS - IMO 9213894

The vessel has an overall length of 111.75 meters (105.34 meters between perpendiculars) and a beam of 14.95 meters.
It has a draft of 8.40 meters and 6.37 meters.
It is powered by a Wärtsilä 8R32LNE diesel engine.
It is rated at 4,563 GT, 2,163 NT, 6,359 DWT, and has a container capacity of 356 TEU.
It has IMO number 9213894 and is now called HELAS.

HISTORY:

Morgenstond III fue construido en 2000 con el número de astillero 325 por Ferus Smit BV, Westerbroek, Groningen, Países Bajos. Puesto en grada el 29 de junio de 1998, fue botado el 18 de noviembre de 2000 y terminado el 14 de diciembre de 2000.

Morgenstond III was sold in 2005 to Emsmoon NTH Schiffahrts, Papenburg-Ems, Germany and was renamed Emsmoon.

She was placed under the management of Marlow Ship Management, Hamburg, Germany.

This was later changed to Grona Shipping GmbH & Co.KG., Leer, Germany.

On 3 December 2015, Emsmoon collided with the Friesenbrücke, which carries the Ihrhove–Nieuweschans railway over the Ems.

The cause of the accident was reported to be miscommunication between the bridge operator and pilot on board the ship.

The bridge could not be raised as a train was due, but the ship failed to stop and collided with the bridge, blocking both railway and river.

The bridge was so severely damaged that it will have to be demolished.

Emsmoon was pulled from the wreckage of the bridge by the tug Gerd Bliede and taken to Papenburg.
Afterwards, the bridge was demolished in 2021/22.

Opening of the new bridge is planned for 2024.

And the cargo ship was repaired continued its work in 2019 was sold to H.Lohmann Schiffahrts GmbH & Co KG ms and this named it HELAS.

IN 2020 H.Lohmann Schiffahrts GmbH & Co KG ms names the cargo ship as SANDOE, flagged CYPRUS.

In 2021 H.Lohmann Schiffahrts GmbH & Co KG ms appoints the cargo ship HELAS , flagged CYPRUS.

LOCATION OF THE BRIDGE: 53°09'39.9"N 7°22'21.6"E

GOOGLE MAPS:
https://acortar.link/Hewi3h

YOUTUBE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-17whdwxzOE

Offline lili jo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2024, 02:37:15 PM »
In the midst of a fierce naval battle, the tension in the air was palpable as two rival fleets clashed on the open sea. On one side stood the mighty battleship, its massive cannons roaring with each volley of gunfire. On the other side, a strategic bridge served as a crucial lifeline for the opposing forces, allowing reinforcements to reach the front lines.

As the battle raged on, the battleship's captain spotted an opportunity to turn the tide in their favor. With precision and determination, they maneuvered their vessel closer to the bridge, closing in on their target with relentless determination.
Hello, I'm Smut Manga, a passionate and motivated professional recognized for consistently achieving outstanding outcomes.
https://smutmanga1.blogspot.com/2024/04/exploring-cultural-significance-and.html

Offline Kyle Stubbs

• Top Poster
  • Something something Danger Zone.
    • View Profile
    • Puget Ships
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2024, 04:51:43 AM »
The Second Narrows Rail Bridge in Vancouver, British Columbia has quite the history of ship collisions. While there have been many other minor incidents, the following three collisions managed to knock down at least one span of the bridge:

24 April 1930: Carried by a strong tide, the freighter LOSMAR (US Official Number 219284) made contact with the bridge, knocking the southern span into the water.

13 September 1930: The former tall ship-turned-barge PACIFIC GATHERER (Canada Official Number 156616) broke tow and became wedged under the center span of the bridge. The rising tide then lifted the barge, raising the span from its foundation and allowing it to fall into the water.

12 October 1979: The freighter JAPAN ERICA (IMO 7112735) lost course in heavy fog and collided with the bridge, knocking the span north of the lift section into the water.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Narrows_Rail_Bridge
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 04:53:34 AM by Kyle Stubbs »
"Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." -Mark Twain

Offline MO Roy

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2024, 09:28:39 PM »
Sorry guys it bothers me every time I see this topic passing by.
I think the name of this topic is quite inappropriate.
Hitting a bridge with a ship is not a game (for that matter hitting anything with a commercial ship is not a game)!
Those were all catastrophic accidents with loss of life.
I do understand you want to gather all the accidents when this happened in the past, but maybe (at least) renaming this topic into Quiz (instead of game) would be a little bit more appropriate, also for all the people who lost their life.

Well yeah, maybe it's just me.

Cheers,
Roy
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 09:41:21 PM by MO Roy »

Offline Mafioso

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2024, 05:52:05 AM »
Friend @MO Roy Sorry to this topic I made it and I apologize if you think the name of the topic is inappropriate.

I put Game because I am talking about a translator, my idea was to say ships that destroyed bridges.

And it was to say the ship and the bridge it destroyed was just that.

But here there is a topic called Wrecks & Relics and most of them are sunken ships, and those did take many lives.

Another one is called Casualties and there a lot of people put burned ships where many lives were lost and nobody says anything.

So I think you have to see before you speak I am new to the forum, but I see I read and I love to learn.

But if there is someone else who says that it seems inappropriate, I will change the name to the one they tell me and that's it.

Offline Mafioso

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2024, 06:07:38 AM »
@MO Roy It is a forum my friend and a ship forum and here one tries to make it more entertaining and that is why one creates new topics so there is conversation.

The topics are created as unknown sunken ship, or in all sunken ships no one dies.

But if you look at my posts you will see that I never talk about deaths, the focus is always on the history of the ship.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk