Author Topic: Mine Warfare Ship "Calliope" M713  (Read 315 times)

Offline winterlight

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Mine Warfare Ship "Calliope" M713
« on: March 25, 2024, 08:54:52 PM »
I have a home-produced book with hand drawn illustrations (example below) about a 1991 voyage of this ship in the Baie de Seine, for mine clearance. I'm trying to rehome this little book. No museums want it. Might there be anyone who can connect me with former crew of this ship, or other interested parties? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 07:36:14 AM by Aleksi Lindström »

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Mine Warfare Ship "Calliope" M713
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 12:34:22 AM »
Hello winterlight
Apologies for coming to this very late.  Do you still have this interesting item?
If so, I will send a PM to a small number of active French members who seem particularly interested in naval vessels, to see whether they have any ideas or connections.
I too hope that this can find the right home...
David

PS - just tweaked the title - CALLIOPE was M713
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 09:57:35 AM by davidships »

Offline winterlight

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 04:13:43 PM »
Hi, thanks for your response. I still have this. However since the original post I looked up the cost of postage to Europe and it is almost $30. So any interested party would have to offer to pay for shipping. I don't feel strongly enough about rehoming stuff to cover this kind of cost!! I'd be happy to cover domestic postage. Let me know if you find anyone. I thought the FR naval museum in Brest was the most likely candidate.

Offline Anthony LEVROT

• Photo Corrections
  • Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 11:43:12 PM »
Hi,
I think the Musée National de la Marine will be the best candidate for your book. I don't think you should target the Brest museum but rather the library, which is located in the Paris region : https://www.musee-marine.fr/collections/recherche-bibliotheques/bibliotheques/bibliotheque-a-paris.html

Otherwise, maybe the BNF? https://www.bnf.fr/en

I don't have any other ideas at the moment...

Have a nice day.
Anthony LEVROT
Photo editor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk