Author Topic: Marine Traffic revamp  (Read 4092 times)

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: Marine Traffic revamp
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2023, 07:54:22 AM »
Developments of a disquieting nature.*

They've changed the photo uploading page. Even as they still only allow photo uploading one by one, there is no more possibility to keep the data by clicking "Back" and keep uploading other photos. The worst thing is that the map to mark the position of the photo resets to zero after every upload, and the map itself has lost the satellite view option, as if they don't care about the exact spot of the photo.

There's also no more option to write an description/comment to the photo, again, as if they don't care about this information.

* Stephen King, "Jerusalem's Lot"

and what did not change, but was already a pain in the A.. is that the title of the photo does not necessarily represent the name of the ship in the picture, but it seems to given as the name that the ship had at the day of posting. So if you post a photo taken a year ago and the the ship has been renamed during that year, the new name will be allocated....

Offline LPX

• Photo Corrections
  • Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2024, 03:00:47 PM »
 It is not possible anymore to upload photos for ships without MMSI, even if they have IMO. So, forget old ships or scrapped recently.
Also, if active vessels have sometimes hidden or unclear MMSI signal -the same not, just forget. And they are not going to improve it somehow as reported currently by their IT team.  Hmm.... :-\

By this "progress" they one time to be faced to keep active vessels only. It is not good or bad for them since they operate an AIS system not a historic one, but users and photographers have to keep it in mind.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 03:08:15 PM by LPX »

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2024, 03:19:47 PM »
They also recently changed the ship detail layout, and for instance year of build or names history have disappeared behind the payment wall.

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2024, 09:03:16 PM »
..... and a name search seems now to only give the first six vessels of their choice.
And the +/- zoom now disappears when showing a vessel track.

Offline Geir Vinnes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2024, 03:43:51 AM »
..... and a name search seems now to only give the first six vessels of their choice.
And the +/- zoom now disappears when showing a vessel track.
Hi David,

I have  attached a photo where you can see how to see and search for more results, Its not easy to see the scrollbar as it disappears when the mouse cursor is not right over it.

Brgds,
Geir
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 04:46:47 AM by Geir Vinnes »

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2024, 04:42:23 PM »
Thanks Geir.  OK, can see it now
Very fiddly way to get to "see more results", which was always visible before at the bottom of the dropdown.

Offline Petros Psarras

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • News about Piraeus
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2024, 04:03:42 PM »
Furthermore at my profile where I have only 50 photos uploaded, I cannot see the  expected arrivals... i think it is only available at the 60 something  euro per month.  Correct me if i am wrong, but I don't where also I can find all the expected arrivals as per AIS vsl signa (i.e. Piraeus for example). I can find let's say 20-30 at myshiptracking also.
Once at Piraeus ,forever at Piraeus!

Offline Richard Paton

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2024, 07:12:51 PM »
Sadly the new owners of MT have totally wrecked what was a perfectly good website to go down the road of trying to extract cash out of everyone whilst offering a inferior product than before. They don't seem to want to listen to any feedback we have im sure sent them in emails and messages on social media - in fact they said in a reply to me that we "the users" had requested all these changes! Well they won't be getting a black penny out of me that's for sure.

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2024, 05:07:20 AM »
Yup, they ruined it and I got the same lie that we the users asked for it. Total BS!! I switched to vesselfinder and it works just fine

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk