Author Topic: Couple of questions / site slow  (Read 4967 times)

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.quaysides.co.uk
Re: Couple of questions...
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2023, 05:18:26 AM »
Almost unusable this morning :(

Offline Anthony Legg

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2023, 05:31:56 AM »
My reply didn't even make it to the forum!

Good last night, thought it was resolved, but today as bad as ever!  At least I can log in now.

This is so frustrating.
Anthony Legg

Offline Anthony Legg

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2023, 05:30:44 AM »
24 Hours since I mentioned my problem with very slow access and log in troubles and it would appear that no one else has reported

any troubles.
I looked at site usage a couple of hours ago and the use in the preceding 15 minutes was   106 "guests" and one (1) user logged in...Me!!
Am I missing something?
Is there a site problem, or has the site decided that my presence is no longer wanted. Is any other user having problems as there seems to be     a sudden shut off of users reporting difficulties.

I have checked all my PC settings and nothing has changed, but even logging in usually requires between 2 and 4 attempts with the message  to try again later! And when logged in access is so slow that there's time to make a cup of coffee and maybe, just maybe, an image will appear!

Some feedback would be appreciated.

Anthony Legg

Offline Tony Martin

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2023, 05:44:29 AM »
Anthony, same problems with me. when logging in I always get "try again later" and then download of photos is very slow, so I now tend not to click on photographs.  Not experiencing any issues with other sites. Hopefully it will be resolved in the near future.

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2023, 06:46:41 AM »
Same with me: "try again" later but logged in (?), errors code 530, 520, etc, slow search, slow opening pic's, slow opening lists of categories and locations, etc.
To speed things up I now use the button "upload" on top of the screen multiple times (right hand mouse click: open link in a new tab). In that way I can upload three in the same time as one during the slow periods.
But I also noticed the slow periods are not all the time, early morning (Netherlands) no problems. Maybe a backup-process or other site related maintenance during daytime?
On the "old website" sometimes there was sometimes the same problem: slow. But it turned out the receiving gate for the number of users was not  enough: resulting in an overload.

Offline Anthony Legg

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2023, 10:07:36 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, you are experiencing similar things to those I refer to, maybe someone who exerts some control over the site operations can take the issues on as a matter of some urgency. It seems that most site users these days are 'guests",I guess this means they don"t actually log on, anyway lets hope that things improve soon.
Kindest regards
Anthony Legg

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Photos very slow to show
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2023, 04:26:05 AM »
When I click on somebody's thumbnail photo it takes a long time for it to appear in a bigger version. This is on my home computer using Mozilla, at work it is faster but not as fast as it, I think, should be.
Anybody else?

Offline Anthony Legg

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
Re: Photos very slow to show
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2023, 06:04:38 AM »
Yes  -  same problem for the past week  -    see comments on other forum items.  Nobody else seems to be concerned, but I find the loss of speed very inconvenient . Thanks for re igniting the discussion , maybe the IT people will look into this !!!

Best Wishes,

Anthony Legg

Offline Henk de Winde

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of questions / site slow
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2023, 10:18:22 AM »
Oh, how I love the old days.
Henk de Winde

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2023, 07:49:47 PM »
Seems to be working fine today. Thanks IT  :)

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2023, 03:45:39 AM »
I spoke too soon. It is still painfully slow. I think I'll give a break to uploading until the slowness is resolved. 

Offline Anthony Legg

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2023, 03:57:33 AM »
Good Morning csaba, ah, the same old problem....me too, still have very slow performance.
I would like to see this problem resolved by site admin and IT people, yet after all the reports of faults there is silence.

I find that images down load as fast as they have always done, but it is the time it takes from selecting an image in New Photos until it actually starts to download, this can be anywhere from 20 secs to in excess of a minute...

Well thats my gripe for today, lets see what tomorrow brings!

Kindest Regards to all

Anthony Legg.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2023, 05:46:15 AM »
Yesterday I discussed the issue with IT, and it seems that the source of the problem has been found. There is an issue in the search functions of the database, which causes the slowness, and after a while the speed returns, until another attempt to use a specific search function triggers the slow speed again. (This is all rather technical, but the result is as described above).

The plan is to do work on the database, which may take some time, during which the site will have to be off-line. I'll keep you posted (or perhaps IT) regarding the planned maintenance schedule.

Apologies for the inconvenience .

Pieter

Offline Anthony Legg

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2023, 11:26:12 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Pieter, it is very much appreciated. I think we can be patient now that there is some light at the tunnels end !

Anthony Legg

Offline Henk de Winde

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2023, 01:25:29 PM »
Thanks for that Pieter. A lot of work for you back from vacation!
I hope I can start upload then because now it mostly ends in Error 502 or 503 so I stopped.

Henk
Henk de Winde

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk