Author Topic: Miramar  (Read 990 times)

Offline Geoffrey Watson

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
    • http://-
Miramar
« on: April 09, 2023, 08:05:49 AM »
Yet again I have been asked to renew my subscription to Miramar (assume automated). No mention of the fact that I paid for the disk six months ago and have heard nothing at all from the family. I feel the next step is to put this in the hands of the NZ fraud dept and seek their opinion. Pity to have to resort to this in view of the circumstances.
[color=000033]Geoff. Watson[/color]

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Miramar
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 01:11:46 PM »
Hi Geoffrey

I didn't go down the disc route but did renew my subscription a couple of months ago and it works as normal. Still good value even if no longer updated. I'm sure the disc issue will be sorted at some point.

Regards

Bob

Offline Tony_Birdman

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 09:12:18 AM »
i would just buy the CD as one day the site may fail to even exist as they would have to pay to have the data on a server, i would have personally keep it on a archive site where you dont have to pay to have the info there and name it in his legacy. i myself would take on a task like him but i wouldnt take money in return as it should be a free thing for other avid shipspotters to look up without having to pay to see stuff, cause some people dont have free internet so they have to pay for the internet and then you have to pay for say amazon tv or google tv or netflicks and or say certain websites with image sets etc and then the costs keep on adding up, i have over the years added pics and data to mainly marinetraffic as i have on here but the admins thought the pics were garbage so i gave up there but where i add stuff i do it as a free service so others can look and even download my pics as long as its for them to look at and not use it to generate money.

it is a real grey area when it comes to data and who really owns it, id be worried having data and trying to sell it on fearing legal repercussions due to the data not being my personal property.

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 11:46:27 AM »
Buying the CD is easier said than done. Like Geoffrey Watson I paid for one in November and since then have heard nothing -
not even any acknowledgement of them having received any of my ensuing communications.

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 11:53:11 PM »
Has ANYONE (especially among members in New Zealand) had any info about Miramar, other than what has already appeared here. Weren't some NZ members of the WSS involved with Mr Hayward's site? Can't they advise?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 01:49:42 AM by Bob Scott »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk