Author Topic: page numbers for pictrure catergories  (Read 583 times)

Offline Tony_Birdman

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
page numbers for pictrure catergories
« on: August 14, 2023, 01:06:29 PM »
hello everyone,
i am on the the Tugs images page and i notice that there is no particular page number you have to keep scrolling down the page to keep on loading, well thats good and all but the next day i want to continue on where i left off and its basically back at the start again, so back down to scrolling again.
is there anyway i can set the page up so i can search from say page 5 and go from there, i used to like it as the old style where they have so many images listed per page and you can select how many pics to display per page.
thats the one main issue i have noticed while using the site, hopefully someone can give me an answer to a solution or ideas.
Tony.

Offline Aleksi Lindström

• Vice Webmaster
  • Top Poster
  • Never give up!
    • View Profile
    • My photos on Shipspotting.com
Re: page numbers for pictrure catergories
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 01:14:02 PM »
Hi Tony,

The only way I know of how to do that is to manipulate the address, here the address for Tugs category, which I've set to page 50. By changing the page number, you spare the trouble of having to start the scrolling from the beginning.

https://www.shipspotting.com/photos/gallery?shipName=&category=10&page=50

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Aleksi

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 05:47:27 PM »
The issue of page numbers and scrolling is currently under the attention of IT. It will be investigated whether a bookmark system can be established, probably an easier one than Aleksi suggested,

Offline Tony_Birdman

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 09:18:20 PM »
yeah i was seeing the address and thinking to alter the last bit of the link location, yeah be good to get a fix to it. thanks for the replies guys.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk