Author Topic: Anyone interested in a Zine about shipspotting?  (Read 400 times)

Offline SkipSkip12

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Anyone interested in a Zine about shipspotting?
« on: March 23, 2022, 04:58:39 PM »
Hi  :)

I know that I'm not the most active member of our community, but I wanted to approach you about a topic, I was thinking a lot about in the last time. I've started to get into Zine making and wondered if you hade some interest in an zine about shipspotting.

But what is it all about?

What is a zine?: A zine (short for magazine) is a DIY made magazine mainly about topics that are not covered in main stream press and usually only have a low number produced (between 25 - 500). Zines had their origin in punk music and started to get more attention since the 2 years we had to stay at home. It is a big topic in LGBTQ scene, but there are also a lot zines about music, literature (self written or reviews), films, photography, politics, art, sports.... You name it: You can make a zine about anything, even about simple things like "How was my day?". Google and Youtube also have a lot of info about this.

What will the zine be about? It will be a photography zine aboute shipspotting and shipping/maritime in general. Not only ship photos, which follow this websites rules will be published, but also other shipping/port/maritime photos will be printed.

Why do you ask us?: Because I would like to produce a zine about shipspotting and want to know if any one is interested at all. Why should I produce some, if nobody would want one  ;D

When will the zine be published? I haven't even stared yet, I just want to know you feedback first  :)

What will this cost? Honestly: I don't know. I don't want to make a profit and only want to make it for fun. It will only cost the production cost (paper, printing) and shipping. So nothing more than 10 EUR + shipping. I think international shipping will be possible via post.

What should I exspect? Not too much :D It is just a DIY, homemade project, no full style magazine by a big publisher.

Can I participate?Well, because I haven't started yet, I don't really know :D But I would be glad if some would participate and I'm open for any sugestiones and open to publish your photo. But a post about this will follow later, if this projet comes into existence.

Well, that is all. Please leave you feedback below. I'm intersted to hear from you all!

Best regards, Tom  :)

« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 05:11:52 PM by SkipSkip12 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk