Author Topic: Soon - New website design  (Read 33679 times)

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: Soon - New website design
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2022, 02:33:23 PM »
Hi Victor, just for the record, I just uploaded a shot of Jonni Ritscher, which clearly exceeds the size limitations imposed by the previous version of the site. And it does not have the ugly watermark that the computers of Marine Traffic apply to every photo.
There are more improvements on the way, so as Hans says, patience will be the key, and at the end we may be able to subjectively judge whether the old site was better (but certainly not safer).

Offline lappino

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2022, 02:15:04 AM »
The three fields "Location", "Date of photo" and "Description" are apparently mandatory. When I tried a test upload and did not enter anything there, I got this very error message and the three fields were highlighted with a red border.

I then only ticked "Unknown" with "Date of photo" and "Location" and entered some text in the description field and the upload worked without problems.

So please check whether you filled these fields with data at all. Of course we should enter real data with our uploads. :-)

Regards,
Weserphoto

This feature has a bug that's creating problems during upload.

The site does not recognize information saved from the browser; when entering the data on, say, "Location", if the data is autocompleted from the browser, the location will appear in the field correctly, but you will still get the "red border" and "Invalid parameter" error.

To correct this, data has to be entered manually again, until the site's own data appears. You do not want to use "autocomplete" from your browser. This has to be addressed by the programmers.

Offline Eddie Walker

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr photos
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2022, 01:07:03 PM »
The views are definitely weaker than before; my understanding is that only the full screen views are counted, and since the list photos are larger now, fewer people are clicking the "full screen" button. The numbers of photos uploaded does not seem to be much smaller than before, though...

Are we sure the view counter is working at all, though? I posted this photo 10 days ago:
https://www.shipspotting.com/photos/3409064 which, so far, has had precisely zero views. Okay, a fairly ordinary vessel, but a decent photo at a less common location which I thought might have piqued someone's interest...

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2022, 05:05:34 PM »
Eddie, It may have to do with the way new photos are now being presented. In the past you looked at them one by one, and now your photo will be one of four before the next scroll.   

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2022, 05:22:04 PM »
Eddie, when I follow your link, I see "Verdi" at Gunness, so far 12 views... (or as it is called now: hits). :)

Offline Patrick Deenik

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2022, 06:07:55 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to upload 2 photo's of the vessel  'MSC Erica"and I get the message "invalid or missing parameter ". Also I get the message that
"no ships Found "while there are 42 photo's of this ship are on this site. I had this problem several times in the last few days.
Am I doing something wrong or are there more people with the same problems ?

Thank you  and all the best,

Patrick

Offline Patrick Deenik

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2022, 06:40:16 PM »
Hello again,

I just managed to upload the 2 Photo's above mentioned. After trying several times again I deleted the "Location" and typed the name again and then all was accepted. Do you understand this or am I missing something ?

Thank you again .

Patrick

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2022, 07:46:39 PM »
Patrick, see Lappino's post a little above yours. How it works I do not know, but retyping seems to be a good idea.

Offline Patrick Deenik

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2022, 09:00:35 PM »
Pieter,

Thank you for your reaction.That is exactly what happened to me. If that is all,I can live with it.

Best regards,

Patrick

Offline Eddie Walker

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr photos
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2022, 10:13:28 AM »
Eddie, when I follow your link, I see "Verdi" at Gunness, so far 12 views... (or as it is called now: hits). :)
Thanks, Jens. That seems to have kick-started the views!
I've just uploaded another photo and firstly got the 'invalid parameter' error, which I got around by setting the location to 'unknown', then going back and editing the uploaded photo.

Offline Patrick Deenik

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2022, 08:35:39 AM »
After retyping the "Location " 5 times without succes I clicked "unknown "under "Location " and with a possitive result as suggested by Eddie Walker.

Need to be looked at .

Thank you,

Patrick

Offline seaweasel

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2022, 11:04:28 AM »
Hello, many thanks to the IT-team for expanding the comments section, that's a very good thing for the community !

Cheers, Hans

Offline Tuomas Romu

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2022, 09:35:18 AM »
I noticed that photographs uploaded since the beginning of March have "Shipspotting.com ... Image Copyright
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 09:37:49 AM by Tuomas Romu »

Offline Tuomas Romu

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2022, 09:39:42 AM »
A separate issue: what's the blank "ShipSpotting.com Forum" post in the attached screenshot?

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2022, 08:13:10 AM »
About the front page / home page: the four photos under "Most Popular Last 24 Hours".
Am I the only one that is seeing four different photos each time I go the home page?
Sometimes it even shows a photo that I have uploaded a few minutes ago.
See attached JPG-file.
On the same page the button PHOTOS / MOST POPULAR 24 HOURS shows the correct photos and views.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk