Author Topic: Stolen photos  (Read 1460 times)

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Stolen photos
« on: February 18, 2022, 11:12:21 AM »
vesselfinder

This photo uploaded by myself to Marinetraffic under the name Victor H. Lorenzo  has appeared in several newspapers in Spain and in Vesselfinder,even in the streets at Mar
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 02:24:06 PM by victor radio74 »

Offline teachers

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: Stolen photos
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 02:55:53 PM »
Hi victor radio 74,

sorry to hear of yet another stolen photo, it is a great shame that some human beings will go to any length to steal a photo or pass it off as their own or worse, sell it on, it seems nothing will deter these morons.

I am sure most people with large collections who currently do not share their photos online because of these thiefs would one day want to share them as they get older so they are not lost forever.

It has been said many times before on here, do not post anything online if you dont want your photos stolen, it is a great shame but that is the way it is.

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 07:38:25 PM »
Hi teachers,I appreciate your comment and for sure I am aware of this situation.And yes ,indeed I want to share my joy in ship spotting with everybody,and contribute to someone
 that for any reason is looking for a photo of a specific ship.
Anyway morons are morons,and I always try to unmask them.In this case the moron ia Abaco20 that uploaded my photo to vesselfinder.
I have sent an email to vesselfinder and they have deleted that photo ...and the rest of photos of that ship  ???

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 07:46:24 PM by victor radio74 »

Offline teachers

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 07:52:25 PM »
Hi victor,

great result to see that the culprit has been identified and removed, but i fear he or she could re appear somewhere else under a new false name.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 07:43:57 AM »
The policy on the internet is that everything is allowed as long as you do not get caught. And in the rare case that you are caught the consequences are zero.

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2022, 09:56:03 PM »
Not much hope, Victor, if your own government is giving it away to the AP News Agency:
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2022-02-16/3-more-bodies-found-in-sinking-of-boat-off-newfoundland
Perhaps you should send them an invoice? They're using your taxes!

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 10:47:52 PM »
Thanks for the hint David,I have discovered the primary thief,here you are Grupo Nores click on NAFO

« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 10:49:43 PM by victor radio74 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk